Rumor: Sounds like Ryan Lomberg may have priced himself out of staying with the Panthers. @DavidDwork

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Prime candidate to end up with a terrible contract.
Why?

7 points in 75 games last year. Played in 6 playoff games, zero points, averaged 7 minutes of ice time.

Sounds like he wants more than league minimum and Florida told him to take a hike.

Not sure why another team would throw any kind of money at him. He's the literal definition of a plug.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Panthers played 22 playoff games and he played in only 6. He gets a ring and his name on the cup. He averaged 10 minutes a game over the entire season. I he is looking for a better payday. My guess he is looking at 1.5 to 2 mill for a 4 year deal, Panthers have depth and will need that money elsewhere. They have offered him 1mill and he turned down is my guess

Reactions: dez and BLNY

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Anaheim seems to be looking to retool nearly their whole bottom end (opened up a lot of space by non tendering RFAs), with an emphasis on becoming more difficult to play against. Verbeek has targetted size but you know he has a place in his heart for a guy who shows as much heart as Lomberg.

With the Ducks having nearly endless cap space in the short term, I'd gladly "overpay" a guy like this on a shorter deal. Reward him well for his effort without running into potentially problematic term. The more teams are chasing Lomberg and Gudas around, the less they'll be focused on our young stars, and the room could use more guys who are proven winners.

Reactions: scholl

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
With the Ducks having nearly endless cap space in the short term, I'd gladly "overpay" a guy like this on a shorter deal. Reward him well for his effort without running into potentially problematic term. The more teams are chasing Lomberg and Gudas around, the less they'll be focused on our young stars, and the room could use more guys who are proven winners.
Lombo has some winning experience. Therefore could be a good player for a team with younger players. He played in a bigger role when Panthers reached the SCFs against Vegas. This year TDL acquisitions Tarasenko and Okposo made roles of Lombo and Cousins smaller but it doesn't mean that he's not a good player. After Vatrano was gone, Lombo has been the happiest person in the room to celebrate goals. So it's sad to see him go but good for him if he got a better contract somewhere else.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Lombo has some winning experience. Therefore could be a good player for a team with younger players. He played in a bigger role when Panthers reached the SCFs against Vegas. This year TDL acquisitions Tarasenko and Okposo made roles of Lombo and Cousins smaller but it doesn't mean that he's not a good player. After Vatrano was gone, Lombo has been the happiest person in the room to celebrate goals. So it's sad to see him go but good for him if he got a better contract somewhere else.

Yeah I don't think anyone could hold it against him that he got pushed down your lineup, that will happen when a team builds up tremendous depth. Him and Cousins are both established as effective players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad