Sooooo Are the Predators bad?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'll say it. They look like crap. Their announcers are trying to be optimistic, but everything points to this team drastically improving this offseason to what was already a a good team. What is the deal?

Lots of changes in the off season and everyone is still trying to understand what their role is but Stamkos needs to wake up

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Clearly their season is done. They should just pack up, go home and forfeit the rest of the season because they could never rebound from being 5 games under .500

Reactions: JPT

villacco

Dec 21, 2013
Villach
The Preds are an old team ;)
Referring to my thread "the oilers are an old team" I see similar issues with so many older legs. And they do not have 2 (one is close) generational talents.
yeah they have better goaltending and defense, but their forward group needs younger legs.
No cup contenders - not even close.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
IMO Tampa did a good job to insulate Stamkos and use him to his strengths the last couple of years. I think he is going to get exposed pretty badly in Nashville, but let's see.

People said that in the first couple of months of Pavelski on the Stars too. Then he found his role and was good for the rest of his tenure. Stamkos has never played for any other team besides Tampa. This shit is going to take time.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The preds have tried to get centers, first johansen, then Turris, and finally duchene. Gave all 3 retirement big money contracts and all 3 failed and bought out…Poile failed miserably

Reactions: Melrose Munch

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I've only seen one Preds game so far and they looked ... decent-ish. Statistically, it looks like they're playing reasonably well but have had poor goaltending and puck luck. Their shooting % is 4.35 5vs5

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionnaire11

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Never understood why they got Stamkos to that cap/term . One of those signings where you wonder if anybody in the org watched any tampa games last season. hope he picks it up for them

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
I've only seen one Preds game so far and they looked ... decent-ish. Statistically, it looks like they're playing reasonably well but have had poor goaltending and puck luck. Their shooting % is 4.35 5vs5

And only like 7% overall. The Sh% will correct itself soon. And Saros was out for game one which was winnable. The team hasn't looked great, but could still easily be 3-2. It's been the perfect storm of nothing working so far to go 0-5 but in another month it wouldn't be surprising if a "wow, the Preds might have something" thread pops up.

Reactions: Soundgarden

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
When they are playing their puck possession game, they look pretty good. It's the lapses that end up killing them. Some of that can be attributed to a lot of new players in key roles, but those same kinds of lapses have been happening since before this season. If they can find a way to put together full games and their shooting percentage starts to correct, I think they will win a bunch. The first if is a big one, though.

Reactions: Armourboy

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
1729425063423.gif

They got to get on the same page!

To much individual effort.

They should practice their line dancing together at practice.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Skjei has been up or down, but that's mostly because they have him babysitting Schenn. He needs to be on the top two pairings ahead of Lauzon and Carrier, if Brunette can't figure that out he needs to be canned.

O'Reilly hasn't been the problem, but Nyqvist needs to be swapped with marchessault, Evangalista or Tomasino the later two before they ask for a trade or get Tolvanened.
It will be interesting to see how that works Re Skjei because his entire time as a Cane Pesces job was to babysit Skjei so he could be more aggressive.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Brought in lots of experience (age) for a team that isn't contending.
And their defense is the worst I've ever seen in Nashville. Years and years where that team had no centers or gamebreakers but D depth out the wazoo.
Now they still have no gamebreakers and exactly one stud D.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It will be interesting to see how that works Re Skjei because his entire time as a Cane Pesces job was to babysit Skjei so he could be more aggressive.
I think he will be fine but you can't tie him to Schenn, who might be in contention for one of the worst Dmen we've ever rostered.

Problem is we also have Lauzon, who they love for some stupid reason, and would be fine getting 10 minutes a night but he's seeing closer to 20.

Tbh one of our biggest issues is we have a coach and GM who would rather play a garbage vet over a promising young player. Heck even an AHL vet they will take first. I still have no idea how Evangelista managed to stick with these two at the helm.

Reactions: Soundgarden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad