Sooooo Are the Predators bad?

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
You can't just put superstars together and expect them to mesh and gel. Ask the Avalanche how that worked out with their 'big three' back when Selanne was there

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It's pretty early, lots of new guys coming together that one training camp doesn't necessarily solve, so they may still turn it around. And on the other hand, making splashy Free Agent moves often doesn't resort in the returns one would hope for, so them folding like a wet blanket wouldn't be overly shocking.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They're giving off some MAJOR 97-04 Rangers vibes.

I thought everyone needed to pump the f***in brakes when calling them a contender after July 1st.

Still, I figured they had enough to be a playoff team and they still could be, especially after making it last year with a fairly weaker roster. But cup contender? Yeah.....

Reactions: um

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
It’s a young man’s game and the Preds are old. Adding more older guys, who their previous clubs didn’t want, wasn’t how to get better.
This is the correct answer. The nhl is a young man’s game. When was the last time crosby/malkin won a 7 game playoff series? When was the last time ovie won a 7 game series? When was the last time P.Kane won a 7 game playoff series? When was the last time kopitar/doughty won a 7 game playoff series?

Pro tip - when nhl players get older and more expensive, you won’t even win a playoff round little own a cup. And I think Colorado and mackinnon will follow suit…

Reactions: MS and Fatass

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
1729374587147.png

We need Coach Lou. Yeah...they look really bad.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This is the correct answer. The nhl is a young man’s game. When was the last time crosby/malkin won a 7 game playoff series? When was the last time ovie won a 7 game series? When was the last time P.Kane won a 7 game playoff series? When was the last time kopitar/doughty won a 7 game playoff series?

Pro tip - when nhl players get older and more expensive, you won’t even win a playoff round little own a cup. And I think Colorado and mackinnon will follow suit…

What about teams that have not won when they were younger, and now just getting older and more expensive?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Made the wrong choice on goaltending - Askarov was the future. Saros had great trade value and should’ve been moved.

Spent way too much on the wing and never addressed C or D. Novak as your 2C and Skjei as your 2D is playing with fire.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Made the wrong choice on goaltending - Askarov was the future. Saros had great trade value and should’ve been moved.

Spent way too much on the wing and never addressed C or D. Novak as your 2C and Skjei as your 2D is playing with fire.
The thing is Novak has been good, dangerous offensively, but Brunette will take him off that line as soon as he loses a face off. Skjei has shown flashes but has been tied to the anchor that is Schenn.

It's cool that Schenn is a great locker room guy and he just played his 1000th game but he should not be on the ice, especially when someone like Fabbro is benched because of it.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
They're old as hell, weak down the middle, and have nothing in the way of veteran high-leverage top-4 D. It's not a formula for success.

Stamkos is also a 5-on-5 boat anchor and has been for a couple years and that contract is one of the coupe worst in the NHL.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I've never gotten their motive for years. It kept feeling like they're gonna rebuild after the trade of Ellis then Ekholm... and as a Hawks fine I'm fine they've been directionless.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I've never gotten their motive for years. It kept feeling like they're gonna rebuild after the trade of Ellis then Ekholm... and as a Hawks fine I'm fine they've been directionless.
We have been rebuilding, we just signed vets this season. We still have 3 1sts on top of about ten recent firsts from the past couple years.

We traded Ellis because he was slow old and injured, he's only played one game since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armourboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad