Movies: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - December 20, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I remember when the first one was headed for disaster because Sonic's eyes were too far apart. Now, only 4 years later, it's a successful franchise with a 3rd movie coming out. It pays to bow to the never-wrong internet mob. :nod:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I remember when the first one was headed for disaster because Sonic's eyes were too far apart. Now, only 4 years later, it's a successful franchise with a 3rd movie coming out. It pays to bow to the never-wrong internet mob. :nod:
Didn't they change sonic because of the internet mob?

Reactions: Primary Assist

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Indeed, not surprising as the first 2 did well and actually were not bad flics for what they are. Not future award winning ones but fun movies for a family to see. I've seen both while bringing my nephews.

Reactions: S E P H

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
dwight-schrute.gif

Reactions: John Price

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The second movie had some really bad scenes but was still solid for the most part, especially if you played and understood the games. That said, I would say a lot of that success was because of having Jim Carrey in a lead role who absolutely destroyed it as Robotnik. Hopefully, we see Metal Sonic in this one, he's a legendary character in the franchise, but I guess we'll be seeing Shadow.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Who would've thought we'd be getting a 3rd movie after the initial backlash on the design.
One of the rare instances where the internet helped save a franchise rather than sink it

Reactions: Tuggy and Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Who would've thought we'd be getting a 3rd movie after the initial backlash on the design.
One of the rare instances where the internet helped save a franchise rather than sink it
I was thinking about that earlier. It's a great example of a studio listening to the fans and being rewarded for it. That's what seems rare these days. Studios routinely sink their franchises by ignoring the fans and then blaming them when they don't watch. I wish that Paramount would learn from this and listen to Star Trek fans next, and Disney to Star Wars fans, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: trojansoilers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad