Rumor: Something brewing between CAR and CBJ?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The doldrums of summer are here, but a nugget from a Canes reporter with a Waddell quote:

Could be nothing, but something to discuss I suppose.

My guess would be Laine, but no idea how they make the dollars work. Also, highly doubt Necas would be going the other way as well now that they have him signed.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Why do people think Kotkaniemi, a 4th liner with 5m/6y contract, has any value? His contract lasts forever and, at age 24 with stagnated development, he has practically zero chance of playing up to that deal.

Laine has a 50/50 shot at playing up to his AAV, and if it doesnt happen, it's only 2 year sentence anyways.

"KK + minor add" is a joke. Sure KK might be part of it but Canes will have pay up to get rid of that contract

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Why do people think Kotkaniemi, a 4th liner with 5m/6y contract, has any value? His contract lasts forever and, at age 24 with stagnated development, he has practically zero chance of playing up to that deal.

Laine has a 50/50 shot at playing up to his AAV, and if it doesnt happen, it's only 2 year sentence anyways.

"KK + minor add" is a joke
I’d rather force Laine to play in Columbus than trade for KK. It better be Necas or a top 4 d man, don’t want no more picks or prospects

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Is Jarvis signed?
Seems like the Canes have cap issues, so there has to be salary retained on Laine....and salary going back.
He's an RFA. Canes currently have $7.5 in cap space to work with and if Fast goes on LTIR (very possible) then that is another $2.4 OR Canes send down 1 or 2 waiver eligible players and you've got $8.5+ in capspace.

So there's certianly enough to do a bridge deal, I think the question is how much needs to be opened up to do a long term deal 6-8 years which the Canes no doubt are trying towards for Jarvis.

Reactions: BLONG7

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
I get the thought for sure, I just don't see how CBJ can take KK back. That's a stupid long contract. What would it look like if both teams retained? Would that help Carolina short term and CBJ long term?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00