News Article: Some of us remember: The KGM Line

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The day after the loss this year 4 of them were spotted at St. Georges having a ball (much to other members dismay). I know this is one of those things "who cares"; I just feel I wouldn't be willing to go golfing if I had just battled and lost in 7.

That's what it is now to most of these athletes, a job. If you win, terrific, if not, oh well.

Get use to mediocrity with this crew.

KGM line that one year had more heart and soul than this entire team. Orr and Kadri etc. They weren't a great team but despite losing to the Bs in the final minutes, they battled for it.

SRM line was awesome.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I don't remember this line.

I remember Kulemin. I remember Grabovski. And I remember MacArthur.

But I don't remember them all being on some awesome line together.

I'm sorry but I don't remember the chump line from a decade ago. I can barely remember to do up my zipper after taking a piss anymore. If wasn't for my name written on my underwear I'd probably forget that too.

Kinda like how I forgot about all these guys names until reminded just now.

There's been so many of these type of players come and go over the years. And they've all been the exact same plain vanilla plug. Eventually I'll forget about guys like Engvall, Kapanen, and Johnsson same as how I forgot about these guys.

To every off season churn, churn, churn.

• Haha
Reactions: Al14

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
What did the leafs get back in return of KGM
nothing

Piss poor asset management and a hard-headed coach. Carlyle had it out for both Grabo and MacArthur. Mac walked as a UFA after 2013 and Nonis bought out Grabovski to make room for Clarkson. We basically replaced two skilled warriors who bled blue and white with overrated bums in Clarkson and Bolland.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Grabo was a f***ing warrior. Will always remember this game where he took 2 brutal, hits from Chara (the first one extremely dirty), was for sure concussed (probably twice):

But stayed in the game, and scored 2 goals, including this beauty of a game winner:

It’s certainly good that we have better concussion protocols now, Grabo should not have been playing, but man he was all heart.

Last edited:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Piss poor asset management and a hard-headed coach. Carlyle had it out for both Grabo and MacArthur. Mac walked as a UFA after 2013 and Nonis bought out Grabovski to make room for Clarkson. We basically replaced two skilled warriors who bled blue and white with overrated bums in Clarkson and Bolland.
Ah yes the summer of 2013 when Dave Nonis lost to a potato lol.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
That year where they went to 7 with the Bruins was probably the most likeable Leafs team post lockout. Orr and McLaren were good for a fight each just about every game and we had a big D core, alongside a forward group that lacked some skill and toughness but made up for it with heart.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
That year where they went to 7 with the Bruins was probably the most likeable Leafs team post lockout. Orr and McLaren were good for a fight each just about every game and we had a big D core, alongside a forward group that lacked some skill and toughness but made up for it with heart.

If there was ever Leafs team that was gonna fluke out a deep run it was that one. Too bad they shit their pants at the end.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
The line sucked guys, what is everyone talking about?? Absolutely nothing special. They combined for 2 goals and 6 points in the playoffs in 2013, what is the big deal?

Reactions: Primary Assist

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That roster needed a 1C, 1G and 1D or a couple of top 4 D

The supporting cast was REALLY good but missed the big pieces.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
That roster needed a 1C, 1G and 1D or a couple of top 4 D

The supporting cast was REALLY good but missed the big pieces.

Ironic, considering we now have the stars and a weak supporting cast.

I'm hoping Bobby McMann can be that Kulemin type for us over the next few seasons. He seems like a glue guy that can get over 20 goals / 30 points without too many people noticing.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ironic, considering we now have the stars and a weak supporting cast.

I'm hoping Bobby McMann can be that Kulemin type for us over the next few seasons. He seems like a glue guy that can get over 20 goals / 30 points without too many people noticing.

Problem IMO is our star guys just don't blow out the other team. MacKinnon/Makar/Leon/McDavid etc go off for multi-point nights frequently.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
More likable than most of the current Leafs. Grabovski had more heart than anyone.

Things are dire when you look back at the Burke era Leafs with rose tinted glasses.

I agree. Those teams were easy to cheer for even though we knew they kinda sucked because they had heart and were entertaining. Never once let themselves be pushed around, we hard to play against. Just not good enough on D and in net and a giant hole at #1C.

Oddly enough you add Matthews and Rielly to that team I think they could have been a legit cup threat.

Probably my favorite game of that entire Phaneuf - Kessel era

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Ad

Ad

Ad