Social Media Septic Tank Thread

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
The guy just steals people's work and qualifies everything by saying it might or it might not happen. It's not a coincidence his "reports" come immediately after Friedman's columns.

He was PUMPING up Bonk yesterday.
we shouldn't be attacking the disabled on this board. This is something I won't stand for.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He sits here claiming he got it right after pivoting only when the writing was on the wall what a clown
I don’t think he’s was lying. Being wrong is only lying when you knew it was wrong. He’s never going to say why he was wrong. When Elliotte went into explaining why he was wrong about JVR being traded to Detroit, he explained why.

He is disingenuous though, and purposely obfuscating. He’s trying to ‘own it’ by imparting known knowledge of an obvious possibility, and does say there was not an official trade request, but he goes on about not knowing how many he can own it because he’s wrapping it by clarifying what is plainly obvious and correct: that Pinto would welcome the trade if they can’t improve negotiations. Well, no shit, we all know he’s not playing for free. He’s trying to be like ‘well, I own it, but here’s why I kind of am still right.’

And then the guy signs within 24 hours anyways.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I don’t think he’s was lying. Being wrong is only lying when you knew it was wrong. He’s never going to say why he was wrong. When Elliotte went into explaining why he was wrong about JVR being traded to Detroit, he explained why.

He is disingenuous though, and purposely obfuscating. He’s trying to ‘own it’ by imparting known knowledge of an obvious possibility, and does say there was not an official trade request, but he goes on about not knowing how many he can own it because he’s wrapping it by clarifying what is plainly obvious and correct: that Pinto would welcome the trade if they can’t improve negotiations. Well, no shit, we all know he’s not playing for free. He’s trying to be like ‘well, I own it, but here’s why I kind of am still right.’

And then the guy signs within 24 hours anyways.
sGyTcpY.png

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
STG going on, and on in the first few minutes about being surprised at all the focus on prospects from fans.

“How do you have time to watch these kids”
“You don’t know anything other than YouTube videos”
“Don’t waste your time making these scouting reports + mock drafts”

(Paraphrasing)

Essentially a lot of comments referring to a theme of leave it to the professionals.

Such a weird angle to make fun of your fanbase. If only we would all hail the altar of the alumni.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
STG going on, and on in the first few minutes about being surprised at all the focus on prospects from fans.

(Paraphrasing)

Essentially a lot of comments referring to a theme of leave it to the professionals.

Such a weird angle to make fun of your fanbase. If only we would all hail the altar of the alumni.

ASF thinks the Flyers are well ran organization until they’re not. It rinse & repeats itself every time they change out people. He defended Fletcher up until probably the final year & then he still chalks some of it up as like standards & practices type of excuses as to why it didn’t work out.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

(Paraphrasing)

Baseball certainly has its moments where the Commissioner is a doofus, but only the NHL would be dumb enough to tell their hardcores to be less invested in the process. It’s everything from the draft to the cap. They actively work to avoid fan investment.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Baseball certainly has its moments where the Commissioner is a doofus, but only the NHL would be dumb enough to tell their hardcores to be less invested in the process. It’s everything from the draft to the cap. They actively work to avoid fan investment.

It’s just what I referenced the other day when bringing up other “bigger brand” organizations.

I don’t truly care all that much if they go after a portion of the fanbase. I get it, they think differently at the end of the day.

I work with a guy who while likeable, would take a bullet for the place we work for. Would dive in front of any criticism to protect those higher up. His reasoning, “I have everything in my life because of this place”

ASF just seems like that kind of guy to me. He won’t care, nor should he about my opinion - but the credibility is out the window for guys like that. You can tell me that the Flyers don’t operate under such a critical lens as other prominent teams, but then it’s just my own eyes being opened further to what a joke of an organization/environment it is.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Charlie was saying around the capfriendly saga the reason the league won’t buy one of these sites themselves or create their own database with contract information is because front offices don’t want that information out there. They don’t want the public to know their potential contract mistakes because that’s in part one reason they can get fired.

It’s just funny how little respect they have for their fans. They have the shut up & clap like seals mentality.

I’m not saying other sports leagues don’t have their cloaks of secrecy in some aspects but they at least have the wherewithal that in the internet Information age there’s just battles you’re just not gonna win anymore.

The NHL is still operating like it’s a wrestling territory in the 70’s. :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
ASF doesn't like the thought of someone knowing more than him. It's just pure laziness to not have some level of knowledge about prospects and proper draft strategy.

I’m listening to it now. He keeps saying the Flyers have specifically targeted the 2025 draft going back to the Giroux trade.

James Hagens the presumed favorite for #1 was playing for Mount St. Charles Academy in a U15 league that year. He’s a late birthday too so development track to this point he’s further ahead of a good amount of his peers. How the hell are you making decisions back then based off that? :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
listening to it now. He keeps saying the Flyers have specifically targeted the 2025 draft going back to the Giroux trade.
Haha I meant to post that yesterday. Unreal propaganda. This team didn’t even think Luchanko was an option at 12/13 before the u18s but they can predict the late first round three years in advance.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Haha I meant to post that yesterday. Unreal propaganda. This team didn’t even think Luchanko was an option at 12/13 before the u18s but they can predict the late first round three years in advance.

I was dying when he told Russ that his mind would be blown if he sat in on a team meeting & he’d stop questioning what they’re doing.

I could only imagine this meeting. :laugh:
84218a52-ddf6-4529-9a05-e687bca836b4_text.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad