Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I see more a light version of Romário. Tiny but strong as a bull, great and powerful shot, amazing off ball, natural born scorer, world class technique

Probably a bit faster but less skilled than Romario

Prime Romario was a little before my time, but my dad has told me a lot of stories over the years about how good he was.

Reactions: John Pedro

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Basically...only without Mouki's size...

Did you watch any of the Germany U17’s recently? What did you think of Paris Brunner? He’s having an incredible run of form the last few months. Well over a goal per game in all competitions.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Did you watch any of the Germany U17’s recently? What did you think of Paris Brunner? He’s having an incredible run of form the last few months. Well over a goal per game in all competitions.

Nah, I don't know much about the 2006ers so haven't checked them out yet.

Now that things are back on track wrt our young talent, I'm much less anxious about our youth work. So generally only watch teams younger than the u19s when I want to check out specific kids.

...like I did last year for Wanner / Ibrahimovic / Raebiger / Bischof / Ulrich / Weiper / Krattenmacher

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Inter's Bulgarian forward/attacking midfielder Nikola Iliev (born 2004) with 4 goals today in the Youth CL. Has also already played two senior internationals for Bulgaria this autumn. Won the Primavera with Inter last season.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Gavi's not over-rated by most people, but certain Barca homers I know have tried to argue that he & Pedri have been on Musiala's level this season, even after the way Jamal toyed with the two of them last month. So he's certainly over-rated by some folks ;-)

If Jamal toyed anyone it was the corpse's playing on defense lol.

If Gavi was playing on any of the teams of the haters they would be drooling all over.

I hope Wirtz recovers well from the injury. Leverkusen are lost without him

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Jamal toyed anyone it was the corpse's playing on defense lol.

If Gavi was playing on any of the teams of the haters they would be drooling all over.

I hope Wirtz recovers well from the injury. Leverkusen are lost without him

Again, I'm a huge Gavi fan...thus the Kimmich comps I've made for him when not just making "spanish-Wirtz" jokes and why I can't help but laugh at PB's crusade against them...so I'm just teasing. Sure I think Musiala has hit a new level this season that none of his peers have yet, but that doesn't mean that I don't think any of his peers are incredible too.

...that all said, that first Bayern match was a rough one for both young Barca midfielders; as that Pedri-Biscuits-Gavi midfield was getting badly overrun by Musiala & co. until Frenkie came on, and it wasn't just the defense behind them s***ting the bed.

Just one game and all that, thus why I'm only referring to it in a joking manner, but it did happen.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Again, I'm a huge Gavi fan...thus the Kimmich comps I've made for him when not just making "spanish-Wirtz" jokes and why I can't help but laugh at PB's crusade against them...so I'm just teasing. Sure I think Musiala has hit a new level this season that none of his peers have yet, but that doesn't mean that I don't think any of his peers are incredible too.

...that all said, that first Bayern match was a rough one for both young Barca midfielders; as that Pedri-Biscuits-Gavi midfield was getting badly overrun by Musiala & co. until Frenkie came on, and it wasn't just the defense behind them s***ting the bed.

Just one game and all that, thus why I'm only referring to it in a joking manner, but it did happen.
And when musiala hits the heights of Pedri in euros you may have an argument but at the moment there isn’t a midfielder on Pedri’s level at his age group. Very few at any group

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And when musiala hits the heights of Pedri in euros you may have an argument but at the moment there isn’t a midfielder on Pedri’s level at his age group. Very few at any group

We're going to have to agree to disagree :dunno:

Despite how much praise I heaped on Pedri over the summer, Musiala's been dominant for almost 3 months now, Pedri was excellent for just one...and that one month wasn't any more influential than Jamal has been so far this season.

The kid has been Bayern's driving force in more matches than not...and even when he's had a more quiet match he's found his way onto the scoresheet.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
We're going to have to agree to disagree :dunno:

Despite how much praise I heaped on Pedri over the summer, Musiala's been dominant for almost 3 months now, Pedri was excellent for just one...and that one month wasn't any more influential than Jamal has been so far this season.

The kid has been Bayern's driving force in more matches than not...and even when he's had a more quiet match he's found his way onto the scoresheet.
He's been very good any time I watch him. I just think Pedri has done it for longer and has reached heights greater.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's been very good any time I watch him. I just think Pedri has done it for longer and has reached heights greater.

Fair enough, prior to this season I had Pedri clearly ahead. So I don't have any qualms with anyone giving Pedri love. I just think the level Jamal's been at these past 3 months is even higher than what any other current teenager has hit so far.

The kid's up to 10goals+8assists in 18 matches this season, and if anything those #s undersell how well he's played...we'd have a bigger lead on FCB if not for Musiala.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Kid has a very real chance of making the final 26. He probably won't start, but I think the 17yo could win the starting spot as the tournament goes along.

Sadly he has no chance to win the Kepa trophy. Probably going to go to Balde next year over Bellingham and Musiala.

Then Lamine will swoop in and take it from Mouki the next year once Bellingham and Musiala age out.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Guler should be playing more, but there have apparently been other “Turkish Messi” players who didn’t live up to the hype so he’ll probably have to prove himself in another league first. I tried for him in our keeper league, but wasn’t going to break the bank.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Up to 6 goals + 4 assists in 12 BuLi matches this season for the not-yet-18yo; who has now beaten Wirtz to be the youngest player ever to reach 10 career BuLi goals.

The kid needs to not just make the squad for Qatar, but he needs to be starting by the knockouts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Antonio Silva with two goals for Benfica today. Must be one of the hottest young CBs in the game right now.

On a related Benfica note, now 23 year old Florentino Luis seemingly having his breakout season. Was highly touted in the past and now he's seemingly getting a full opportunity to demonstrate his worth.

Both players doing it in the CL too. Sadly I couldn't touch Silva in the keeper league some of us are in because the owner has another player I want.

Reactions: cgf and Gecklund

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Fritz Walter medal award recipients have been announced:​

Jahrgang 2002 – U19-Junioren 2021:
Gold: Karim Adeyemi (Borussia Dortmund)
Silber: Ansgar Knauff (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Bronze: Noah Atubolu (SC Freiburg)

Jahrgang 2003 – U19-Junioren 2022:
Gold: Florian Wirtz (Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
Silber: Luca Netz (Borussia Mönchengladbach)
Bronze: Robert Wagner (SC Freiburg)

Jahrgang 2004 – U17-Junioren 2021:
Gold: Youssoufa Moukoko (Borussia Dortmund)
Silber: Linus Gechter (Hertha BSC Berlin)
Bronze: Anton Kade (FC Basel)

Jahrgang 2005 – U17-Junioren 2022:
Gold: Nelson Weiper (FSV Mainz 05)
Silber: Laurin Ulrich (VfB Stuttgart)
Bronze: Tarek Buchmann (FC Bayern München)

Wanner & Musiala not getting the gold medals in their age groups are the only big shocks for me.

I'd also probably have swapper Ulrich out for Ibrahimovic, Raebiger, or Bischof as the bronze medal recipient behind Wanner & Weiper, but he's in that same tier. Same thing with the 2002ers; I'd probably have given Dardai or Samardzic a medal, but Knauff & Atubolu are deserving as well.

Anton Kade I haven't seen since he went to switzerland so I would have probably picked Damar, Rothe, or Wenig, but he was a talented prospect when I saw him play for Hertha's youth teams...so I can see that one making sense if he's been progressing well in Basel.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And our U21's won 4-2 in Italy. After Huseinbasic scored on his debut for the U21s, Samardzic & Schade...who was playing at the 9...stretched the lead to 3-0, with Malone adding the 4th on his debut as well.

Looks like both Samardzic & Schade were really buzzing in this, even beyond their goals. I really like Schade and think he has a great chance to make the leap into that elite tier if he stays healthy & puts it all together. The physical tools are all A++ and his technical level is more than good enough to take advantage of that quickness/speed/leaping, at even the highest level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad