Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I was kind of laughing at the broadcast who wrote it off as a non foul. About as clear a foul as you can get.

The rules is that you cannot impede progress towards the ball while not going for it yourself.

Martinelli obviously was only there to stop Ederson moving and that is not allowed.

Like, that is the kind of goal that if it stands at school then someone is headbutting the other goalie next corner at the other end ahaha.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The rules is that you cannot impede progress towards the ball while not going for it yourself.

Martinelli obviously was only there to stop Ederson moving and that is not allowed.

Like, that is the kind of goal that if it stands at school then someone is headbutting the other goalie next corner at the other end ahaha.

Yup. It's been a pretty clear theme in Arsenals set-piece strategy if you watch them: impede the keeper short and let Gabriel tower over everyone.

That isn't to take anything away from Gabriel, but it becomes a lot easier when you always have a clear path.

Also, silly from Trossard. And get bent, Arteta. You don't get to bend the rules for yourself and then be upset that the other team does the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Appleyard

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Yup. It's been a pretty clear theme in Arsenals set-piece strategy if you watch them: impede the keeper short and let Gabriel tower over everyone.
Ever since it happened to Ramsdale a couple years ago we’ve been spamming it. Lots of teams do it, idk why it’s legal.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I hate Premier League referees. I really do. Oliver, Kavanagh. Scumbags.

I usually don't wish injury on players, but I hope Rodri has a season-ending ACL injury. If there's one player and one club that deserves it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad