Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Portugal played the better football and deserved to win...

we are going to get a France vs England final aren't we?

Two of the most talented teams whose managers right now play the most awful football.

The purist in me wants Spain vs Turkey ahahaha.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I am the only person in the universe whose leg or head was not broken by him

Yeh. That whole Madrid back line were a bunch of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Apparently Pepe is actually a pretty cool guy... but the red he used to see makes everyone hate his guts. Scummy player.

And he dived soooo much back in the day. I remember him getting a foul for Madrid v Henry when Henry just... went past him... and Pepe threw his hands up to his face like Henry had haymakered him. And the idiot La Liga ref gave Pepe the foul when Barca would have scored.

Reactions: kudymen

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
This France-Portugal game pretty much went exactly as I expected. Absolute snoozefest.

Props for Portugal though playing the entire tournament with 10 men.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If they win it will most likely be in spite of Southgate. Like before, someone scoring a world class goal.

Yeh. They actually looked good when tactics went out of the window and it was just every man for himself...

which aint a great indictment of Southgate.

Our best chance to win vs top teams is probably the other team scoring first lmao. As they the brakes come off.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeh. They actually looked good when tactics went out of the window and it was just every man for himself...

Our best chance to win vs top teams is probably the other team scoring first lmao. As they the brakes come off.

Not even sure I'd say the brakes fall off. Think tje team just decides to take it on themselves to figure out how to win because they also have no confidence in the 'system'.

England definitely need a new coach. Anyone but Roberto Mattinez would be an upgrade.

Reactions: Appleyard

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
One of the most entertaining matches Canada has ever played. You can see where Canada lacks quality, but they are magnitudes ahead of any other generation of Canadian soccer.

Crepeau's gaffe could have been heartbreaking, but props to him for putting it behind him and bearing down to make some great saves in the PK.

Unfortunately, Canada may now get the drubbing they deserved in the group stage match vs Argentina.

Massive accomplishment, though, regardless of the next result.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia

Couldn't agree more with everything you said here. I do think they lose today. We're talking about the team that struggled against Serbia, Denmark, Slovenia, Slovakia and is historically awful at penalty kicks.

Reactions: Appleyard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad