Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
So ....is Italy any good in this UEFA Euro Cup tournament this year? They are playing Spain at 3pm apparently ...guess I'll watch it...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Part of me wants England to go out early...

Just as then they won't extend him. No way they can win this tournament playing this style of football. Sitting back vs France, Germany, Spain etc could get embarrassing.

Serbia were the better team for 60 minutes last game. Denmark have been the better team this first half.

Wasting the best generation of English talent in 20 years.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Part of me wants England to go out early...

Just as then they won't extend him. No way they can win this tournament playing this style of football. Sitting back vs France, Germany, Spain etc could get embarrassing.

Serbia were the better team for 60 minutes last game. Denmark have been the better team this first half.

Wasting the best generation of English talent in 20 years.

What are your thoughts on not starting Mainoo? I know he is young but he has proven himself and it is clear that midfield needs a creative player. Bellingham is dropping way too deep.

Starting a player that doesn’t even play the position over Mainoo is absurd

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
What are your thoughts on not starting Mainoo? I know he is young but he has proven himself and it is clear that midfield needs a creative player. Bellingham is dropping way too deep.

Starting a player that doesn’t even play the position over Mainoo is absurd

Tbh I would play a 4-1-2-3 anyway aha. So Mainoo would not fit. He is good but would rather play Rice, Bellingham and Foden in their best positions and have maybe Gordon or Palmer on left.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Tbh I would play a 4-1-2-3 anyway aha. So Mainoo would not fit. He is good but would rather play Rice, Bellingham and Foden in their best positions and have maybe Gordon or Palmer on left.

Forgot about Palmer. He is class. Can’t argue with that rationale.

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Forgot about Palmer. He is class. Can’t argue with that rationale.
Southgate has Rice who is an incredible safety blanket... but he still can't bring himself to have only one deep lying midfielder when other team have ball.

And Trippier is a great RB... but not a LB! Makes everything slower down the left. I don't see why he did not bring Chilwell for example.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Southgate has Rice who is an incredible safety blanket... but he still can't bring himself to have only one deep lying midfielder when other team have ball.

And Trippier is a great RB... but not a LB! Makes everything slower down the left. I don't see why he did not bring Chilwell for example.

Thank you! I thought my mind was playing tricks about Trippier on the left. Aha

Regardless, Southgate is a clown. He was terrible managing Middlesbrough and never understood how he got the England job in the first place, let alone having it for so long

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Love how Southgate just changes the players and does not adjust system at all...

I love reading the "he gets results!" stuff when people talk about this, as if drawing with a team ranked 10-20 spots below you is somehow an accomplishment.. Its utterly embarrassing.

This England team has no business not being the favorite of this tournament, and frankly should be favored heading into the WC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad