OT: Soccer/Football Thread Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I went to the local dive to watch as I’m working a night and just want to chill rather than be in a crowded soccer bar.

So of course there are two know it all’s that want to describe every play to me. I shut the Arsenal fan up when I said I’ve been to Highbury and called him out for not having a clue of what it meant. This is after he said he wanted to go to Allianz to watch Arsenal. Of course I told him the damn stadium is Emrites.

The other one was a Chelsea fan so enough said

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 5.07.48 PM.png

Entirely predictable

Reactions: TCTC

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I know Liverpool are missing a few key players, but they looked really bad. VVD looks finished.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I know Liverpool are missing a few key players, but they looked really bad. VVD looks finished.
i think that is ultimately the problem with being literally in..every competition..they've played a shit ton of games in the last year and Pool lacks the actual depth to be able to give guys some rest...dunno how it is gonna shake out with WC coming

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
i think that is ultimately the problem with being literally in..every competition..they've played a shit ton of games in the last year and Pool lacks the actual depth to be able to give guys some rest...dunno how it is gonna shake out with WC coming
Yeah, they've played a lot of games and their core isn't getting younger and they really seem to miss Mane.

I think they'll be fine when Thiago and Konate are back (although Thiago seems to always be injured), but I don't see them challenging for the title this year.

Tbf though, Man United played a good game. Quick transition and counter attacking football is probably the best way for them to get results right now.

Reactions: trostol

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
also..problem is everyone knows how to beat Pool..park the bus and hope you can swing out a counterattack...Klopp might need to change things up some..cause when the high line press doesn't work it pretty much results in nada

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Lewandowski vs Bayern in the group stage.

The final is in Istanbul, but there are no Turkish clubs in the group stage for the first time in a couple of decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad