So Who Goes TO Make Room?

Who gets moved out?

• Total voters

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
There are way too many fringe NHLers on the Marlies as it is right now, I hope some trades are in the works.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
How about something like this.

Stars get: Johnsson, Schmaltz. Aberg

Leafs get: Anton Khudobin, rights to Julius Honka, Jason Robertson

Leafs save about $900K on the cap, allowing for one more spare player to be kept. They get a reliable G backup, a RD who wants out out Dallas and can't play in the NHL this season without clearing waivers, but still has some upside potential for next year's cap crunch. Plus get a LW prospect to kick the ball down the road as a cheap ELC replacement on LW when the current LW's need to get paid.

Dallas gets Johnsson, plus a RD who would be on their roster right now. And a RW buried behind depth here, but had 19 points in 37 games for the Ducks last season, and is still an RFA.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Problem is the D depth is non existent too. If they trade Ceci and even get 1 injury in the top 4? That's big time trouble.

I'd try something like Petan for one of Oskar Dansk, Anthony Stolarz, Eric Comrie, or Anton Forsberg.

What about something like Greenway and Dubnyk 1M retained for Kapanen, Bracco and Hutchinson?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
What about something like Greenway and Dubnyk 1M retained for Kapanen, Bracco and Hutchinson?
I just don't see the Wild as good trading partners for the Leafs. Plus Dubnyk has been really bad behind a rather strong D core this season.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I just don't see the Wild as good trading partners for the Leafs. Plus Dubnyk has been really bad behind a rather strong D core this season.

I just thought they might want to fire Bruce and tank it this year. Dubs is still only 33 with good stats. On a contender maybe he finds his form he's definitely buy low. Still younger than Halak.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I just thought they might want to fire Bruce and tank it this year. Dubs is still only 33 with good stats. On a contender maybe he finds his form he's definitely buy low. Still younger than Halak.
I don't think they will have much choice on the tank angle. lol

They are horrawful. No way out either.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I think our team would be better without Ceci. I wish they had just walked on him. Could have had Gards for less but even without him we could get by and have room to add a RHD at the trade deadline.

Reactions: JustAShadow

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Really only 8 votes for Gravel? The guy who has already cleared waivers so don't require waivers again. You think they're going to waive Marincin or Holl before him? Unlikely as much as people want to hate Marincin.

With Tavares hurt they'll have to go 13F/6D with Tavares as the extra. So basically everyone not currently playing games has to go. Then 2 more who Dermott and Hyman replace. Gravel, and Petan are automatic. Don't require waivers unless Hyman's return is later than expected. Then probably Marincin and Shore. But the last could be Spezza if both parties want to cut bait.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Really only 8 votes for Gravel? The guy who has already cleared waivers so don't require waivers again. You think they're going to waive Marincin or Holl before him? Unlikely as much as people want to hate Marincin.

Gravel wasn't included on the poll until after many had voted. I just went back and edited my choices to include him.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They’ll likely put Tavares on retroactive LTIR and when he gets back they’ll play short for a game and then use that relief MacKenzie refers to that allows them to add those 700k players.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
They'll be back before Tavares presumably so that means 13 forwards 6 d-men?

Johnsson Matthews Nylander
Hyman Kefoot Marner
Soup Spezza Kappy
Timashov Goat Moore

Tavares

Rielly Ceci
Muzzin Barrie
Dermott Holl

Petan Gravel Marincin Shore on waivers

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
hasn’t gravel already cleared?

Yep. I assume he'll go back down when Dermott comes back. If it takes another 2 weeks before Dermott is cleared, Gravel may have to clear waivers again since it'll be 30 days (I think?)

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
They need to send down 4.
Petan, Gravel already cleared.

I think we will trade Petan, than send Gravel, Marincin and Shore down.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
It’s handy being able to see who voted for each option. I was confused why anyone would vote for Moore or Gauthier or Timashov. Then I checked who it was and it all made sense. Lol.

Reactions: LeafSteel

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Not sure why anyone would want to say Tima, he's looked really good. I'm hoping he's with us for a number of years to come myself.

:laugh::laugh:

I agree, but once Hyman comes back that pushes Moore or Kapanen down to the 4th line most likely. In that case I feel more comfortable keeping Speeza around just in case someone like Kerfoot, Tavares,Matthews and even Gauthier go down with an injury. Better to have that extra C around and someone who could play up and down the lineup for a few games here and there if it comes down to it.

Edit: Read some other comments and saw Gravel was left off the poll. So keep Speeza and Tima. Problem solved.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad