So when are people gonna start talking about Zach Hyman?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Hence the “quick” downward turn. It only takes a slight drop off because of age combined with playing style to see a sharp decline. This is the nhl. Gaps between success a failure are tiny.
Yeah I don't see it. He's skating as well as he ever has and is getting endless scoring chances. Just in a serious slump when it comes to finishing.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Lol. What a bad take.

I predicted it when the idiots in Toronto let him go. He's as dedicated to the game and works as hard as Crosby. He has improved leaps and bounds EVERY single season. He's not a reckless crasher and banger. People citing his playstyle don't watch, simple as put. Not only that, but his skating specifically has improved significantly to the point where it's a great skill of his now.

Awesome player and person and should be a captain in the league. He never wore a letter in Toronto, except for 1 or 2 games. :biglaugh: I also predicted Rielly's fall off, but the Leaf homers told me I was wrong.

Hyman's scoring 40 goals minimum this year.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I wish the Sharks had gone and signed him when he was a free agent. We wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

Last edited:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Lol. What a bad take.
he said it in the wrong way but he's not wrong, when he was with us he had multiple injuries and I believe one or both was a knee injury, we had concerns about him long term.

also Hyman will be fine, he will never score 50+ again but he will get going prob put up 50-60 points this years

but Hyman is Cheechoo 2.0 now lol

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah I don't see it. He's skating as well as he ever has and is getting endless scoring chances. Just in a serious slump when it comes to finishing.
Hands are the first to go when the inevitable decline comes. It’s like the “yips” in golf. It’s an age related issue. Golfers can compensate with different putters or ways to anchor. Hockey players don’t have that option. The game is too quick. And that’s what I see for Hyman. His hands dropped off that tiny bit because of natural age related decline. That’s all it takes in the National League for a goal scorer to “lose his touch”. These “slumps” scoring, as you call them, become more frequent and last longer. Hyman will still contribute in other ways. He will become more like Josh Anderson. Still a good player, just not relied on to be a consistent goal scorer.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
From the games I've watched, he seems to be costing McDavid assists. I've seen Connor set him for some scoring chances that he couldn't finish off.

I'm not trying to insult him or anything. I quite like Hyman. He's talented in his own right, but in no world is he an elite goal scorer away from McDavid, and he probably won't come that close to last year's total again playing with him. But he's been getting a lot of good chances lately and should break through soon and end up potting well over 30 goals.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Lol you can tell the state watches from the actual ganec watchers in this thread.

Hymam could easily have 10 goals by now. Guy has had 3 or 4 golden chances every game. Just can't find the back of the net. Its will come. Most of the Oilers r holding the sticks a bit tight right now. Not worried. They are actually playing well esp the last 3 or so games

Completely dominated the pens last night. Dunno how hyman didn't have 2 or 3. Pens rookie stood on his head....

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He's playing real well to be honest. The goals are absolutely not there. But nothing about his play is showing me a decline. i'm seeing a guy in a slump that he will eventually get out of. I didn't think he'd be a back to back 50 goal scorer ... I was expecting 30 to 40 this season. Let's see what happens if the OIlers keep improving and the PP finally starts scoring. We're a bit of a shitshow right now.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Hyman is playing quite well, but has been really snake bitten. It’s not like he has just looked like junk.

It’s actually getting to be kind of hilarious. I’m sure things will begin to even out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad