So when are people gonna start talking about Zach Hyman?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Seems like he didn't fold like a cheap suit and if anything, held his ground to not do a favour to a team that gave him a shit pick for potential cap relief in the 8th year. So now Hyman's team, in cap trouble, is trying to find ways to save on cap space.

Jeez the hate runs not deep but deranged with you lot with Dubas.
Ahh yes that $400k is the reason for the cap troubles

And by accounts he was asking for a 2nd round pick for said $400k relief for a team not in division or conference.

Great time to grow a backbone
But allow how many players to have 10 figure AAV’s

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
He does kind of look like a pumpkin in the orange jersey:

former-maple-leafs-forward-zach-hyman-comments-on.jpg

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He signed 4 days after the Leafs couldn't negotiate any deal with him. So it seemed like the entire goal was to sign him and they tried a week and a half or so past the free agency opening up and it looked like he had already made up his mind with Edmonton. So it's odd there's this narrative that he was never in the plans or whatever.

Ah ok, so he didn't take the pick because he didn't want to give the Oilers cap help.

And I agree, why should he have helped them for a piss poor return on it? He's not there to do favours to other GM's.

I mean, I'm not all that mad at that. It's funny if anything that he was like eat shit Edmonton. And wouldn't you know, Hyman's team is in cap trouble.
it is what it is, Edmonton found great value out of him though. surprising how meh hes been so far. for me its on a fantasy level. took him 29th overall and cant believe he hasnt gotten a single point yet

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If he was not getting scoring chances it would be something to worry about but Hyman is not playing any different then he did last season. If you have watched the games, the guy has been absolutely stoned so far on numerous times at point blank range. The guy who has really struggled has been Nugent Hopkins. He is the weak link right now on the McDavid line. I never came into the season expecting another 50 goal season out of Hyman, but the pucks will start going in for him, not too worried.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilslick941611

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
when the time is right to talk about Hyman. Hes fine.

Players have slow starts, this shouldnt be that big of a deal.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think everyone knew last year was an anomaly. That said, he’s still a good player and he’s playing with a generational player so 30 plus goals should be where he lands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad