Value of: So what will Toronto or Edmonton offer for Varlamov?

Reggiet2

Jan 20, 2019
Among all the teams around the league, the team that can spare a Goaltender would be the Islanders. With the Isles young stud goalie Soroken emerging, Varlamov could be on the trade block.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto = nothing.

They will get a more true #1 and back up with Woll/Kallgren.

Ledge And Dairy

Among all the teams around the league, the team that can spare a Goaltender would be the Islanders. With the Isles young stud goalie Soroken emerging, Varlamov could be on the trade block.
Fairly confident Varlomov already refused to waive his NTC and I would bet he stays. The team around the league that can spare a goaltender is San Jose since they have 3

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Varly already vetoed a move to Edmonton and doesn’t give me the “wants a cup” vibe enough to leave NYC… not that NYI are that far away, just that he may prioritize lifestyle

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He refused Edmonton already. Would he consider another club in Canada, who knows?!

My bet if he moves it’s to Washington.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
no-godfather.gif

Oilers are going to UFA for a goalie, no interest in a trade for one. Campbell, Husso or Holtby would be my guess.

Reactions: Macheteops

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Call me crazy, but I think the goalie market is going to be a lot softer than the goalies would hope for...

You've got Colorado who seems to have tidied up their business without taking anyone out of the UFA pool. Fleury's off the board, but Cam Talbot might be on the board as a result.

Edmonton, Toronto, and New Jersey are the 3 teams who need a #1, and view themselves as playoff teams. You've got Campbell, Kuemper, and Husso all UFAs.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Call me crazy, but I think the goalie market is going to be a lot softer than the goalies would hope for...

You've got Colorado who seems to have tidied up their business without taking anyone out of the UFA pool. Fleury's off the board, but Cam Talbot might be on the board as a result.

Edmonton, Toronto, and New Jersey are the 3 teams who need a #1, and view themselves as playoff teams. You've got Campbell, Kuemper, and Husso all UFAs.

Really depends. I don't think a bunch of teams are going to have to overpay, but it's not going to be soft either. Both Kuemper and Campbell will most likely go to the highest bidder rather than leave money on the table to play on a contender.

Teams that need a starter or an upgrade:

Washington
Buffalo
New Jersey
Toronto
Edmonton

Teams that may kick tires on younger goalies:

Arizona
Montreal

Starters/potential starters available:

Husso
Kuemper
Campbell
Blackwood
Varlamov
Gibson

So unless a team trades for Gibson/Varly, I still expect there to be enough demand for Campbell and Kuemper to cash in.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
After Husso, Campbell and Kuemper sign elsewhere, whats plan D?
Trading for Blackwood

Seriously though, I am pretty sure Varlamov already turned down Edmonton.

Guerin suggested today that he is happy with his Fleuey/Talbot tandem.

Washington is in the market too. But if they get someone, either Samsonov or Vanacek shake loose.

Reactions: Macheteops

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Varlamov at 5 million for 1 year remaining doesn't hold a ton of value currently. After ufa signings if a team misses out and has to circle back, that's when his price goes up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad