Pre-Game Talk: So We Meet Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hoping Marchment is healthy. We need him and should slot in for Mamin.

The tough decision is between Mamin Lomberg and Duclair.

The first two had a bigger impact than Duclair but obviously Duke is the better player. I hope he took to heart and had a hard look at himself during his off day.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

The first two had a bigger impact than Duclair but obviously Duke is the better player. I hope he took to heart and had a hard look at himself during his off day.

If Duke is the better player than he should be playing but he isn't so...

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Duke is a regular season players. This just won't work in the playoffs..

There is a reason guys like Lomberg or Marchment are valuable in the postseason

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I don't know if Duke just couldn't handle the physical game that Washington brought, but Tampa/Toronto are skill teams. He should be slotted in and see how he plays Game 1.

He was on 4th line minutes in the '21 playoffs against Tampa and he has not become a better playoff performer since then.

Reactions: Boothinator

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I don't know if Duke just couldn't handle the physical game that Washington brought, but Tampa/Toronto are skill teams. He should be slotted in and see how he plays Game 1.

Washington took away all his strengths

And having said all that, he produced one less point than Huberdeau.

These guys need to be better not just Duclair. I say give Duke game 1 and see if he is still a ghost

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I like Duke, but if he's invisible in the next series, you put him back in the press box. He was a great contributor toward getting home ice in the regular season, but if he's going to struggle in the playoffs, why hurt the team?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

I would actually put him in for Acciari. Who's doing nothing. He used to block shots and win some faceoffs, he's doing none of that.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
dukes shot and work in alot was key to our pp doing well for a few weeks here and there. Id start there on the pp honestly. or try swaggy

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I think if the Cats play Tampa Duclair will once again be a non-factor but if the Leafs advance I think he could be a good weapon to have.

He will be able to utilize his speed a lot more in the wide-open hockey that will take place if the Leafs win tonight. I don't see that same style happening with Tampa, they'll try to shut the Cats down ala Washington.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Should be called the Duke thread. Look Duke really has been a no show for awhile. Yes we all love what he can bring to the table but that happened in the 1rst half of regular season.
No brainer Lomberg needs to be playing much more !!!!!!!!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't see how you don't keep the same lineup as last game. Unless March is ready. Then it's between Acciari and Mamin who you take out. Probably Acciari.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Do any of you remember last year vs tampa? Duke was pulling the same shit. Q had to limit his play time and relegate him to the 4th line. Theres no magical configuration that duke can play well against in the playoffs. Hes a no show. Keep his ass off the ice.

Didnt you guys notice last game was our best 60+ minute performance? What changed....? Duke needs to continue sitting

Reactions: Boothinator

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Do any of you remember last year vs tampa? Duke was pulling the same shit. Q had to limit his play time and relegate him to the 4th line. Theres no magical configuration that duke can play well against in the playoffs. Hes a no show. Keep his ass off the ice.

Didnt you guys notice last game was our best 60+ minute performance? What changed....? Duke needs to continue sitting
In fairness, I think he was playing pretty well in the Tampa series until he got boarded by McDonagh (no call). I think he’s been playing a bit scared since then. Not making excuses; just my observation.

Reactions: Vilam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad