Proposal: So, Lias Andersson for Jesse Puljujarvi?

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
As an Oiler fan, I feel like trading Pulju for Andersson does nothing.

If Pulju is moved, I hope it's for a player who can make a difference immediately

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019

If Pulju is moved, I hope it's for a player who can make a difference immediately

Not surprising. Oilers fans don't value players who actually play defense. Lucky you finally have a head coach that does.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like players that don’t throw medals into the crowd during an international competition, players that don’t spit in other players face, etc.

Guess I’m a traditionalist to an extent?
He was 19.

You were insufferable when you were 19. And I know that because you were 19.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

Well I guess you would be trading a guy who quit on your team for a guy who threw a silver medal into the crowd because he was upset he couldnt get the win for Sweden. I still feel Lias just needs to fill out to play his style, I'd prefer to keep him over someone who takes his stick and goes home.
J.p value is low and wont increase until he gets back in a North American rink. I dont think you are getting the impact player you are hoping for. I'd like to get enough money out of my used truck to buy a brand new one but it doesn't work that way. Best of luck and I hope you do because the oil are one of my next teams to watch after NY.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Not surprising. Oilers fans don't value players who actually play defense. Lucky you finally have a head coach that does.

Weird, because we have a lot of Oiler fans telling Leaf fans in another thread that Larsson isn't going to go in a trade for Kapanen and all we hear is how lucky we are to get anything for him. Oiler fans know that Larsson held our right side together. He is a stalwart defenseman. It is only the emergence of Ethan Bear that we can even contemplate trading Larsson now.

So maybe that blanket statement about Oiler fans isn't accurate.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Weird, because we have a lot of Oiler fans telling Leaf fans in another thread that Larsson isn't going to go in a trade for Kapanen and all we hear is how lucky we are to get anything for him. Oiler fans know that Larsson held our right side together. He is a stalwart defenseman. It is only the emergence of Ethan Bear that we can even contemplate trading Larsson now.

So maybe that blanket statement about Oiler fans isn't accurate.

That particular poster is the king of blanket statements.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

This speaks about value and expectation of return.
What realistically do you think Pulju returns that is actually NHL ready and can make a difference immediately?
My opinion is not all that much and likely nothing you would really want.

A trade of this type, regarding JP and Andersson looks like more of a change of scenery thing.

Reactions: belair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad