So is this the year the 90s-era Navy Blue Returns?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Am I wrong to think this is the year these unis return, at least a a 3rd jersey? They've done basically everything else and I think the curreny football style blinding neon orange navy blue thirds won't be around this season.

Doug-Weight-Oilers-scaled.jpg

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Am I wrong to think this is the year these unis return, at least a a 3rd jersey? They've done basically everything else and I think the curreny football style blinding neon orange navy blue thirds won't be around this season.

I may be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that there will be no third jerseys for all teams this season with Fanatics taking over

That being said, there is a lot of money that could be had for Katz if they introduced a Copper & Navy jersey in the McDrai era

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I may be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that there will be no third jerseys for all teams this season with Fanatics taking over

That being said, there is a lot of money that could be had for Katz if they introduced a Copper & Navy jersey in the McDrai era

I wonder if that's right because I was in a SportChek in Calgary and noticed they had black horse Flames 3rd jersey in what I believe was the Fanatics design.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I wonder if that's right because I was in a SportChek in Calgary and noticed they had black horse Flames 3rd jersey in what I believe was the Fanatics design.
Fanatics has been making jerseys alongside Adidas for the past few years. Adidas would make the 'authentic' on-ice/premium jerseys and Fanatics always made the replica/non-pro jerseys.

This year, Fanatics is making all the jerseys

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fanatics has been making jerseys alongside Adidas for the past few years. Adidas would make the 'authentic' on-ice/premium jerseys and Fanatics always made the replica/non-pro jerseys.

This year, Fanatics is making all the jerseys

Ah ok, that explains why the adidas ones had the chrome silver NHL logo that looked more premium.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

As much I love these jerseys and prefer navy blue over royal blue there is no 3rd jersey this year. Hopefully next year

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Whenever I think of those jerseys, my mind first goes to Edmonton Investor’s Group, the Copper Jackets gang, (bless all their hearts), Canadian stabilization fund. I feel no positive juju from those jerseys, other than Dougie and Guerin were a wonderful break from all that negativity.

Reactions: oilers'72

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Whenever I think of those jerseys, my mind first goes to Edmonton Investor’s Group, the Copper Jackets gang, (bless all their hearts), Canadian stabilization fund. I feel no positive juju from those jerseys, other than Dougie and Guerin were a wonderful break from all that negativity.
I think of 2006 personally, but I was only 12 and too young to recognize how painful those pre-06 years were.

Reactions: brentashton

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Other than the traditional uniform, this one was my favourite. That navy blue looks sharp.

Reactions: yukoner88

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

My favourite Oilers jersey by far. I loved the year(s) the put the oilman patch on the shoulder - still have one of those.

I hope not. Aside from the practice jersey inspired update they did in 07, those are my least favourite jerseys. Bring back the McFarlane
1726419492747.png

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad