So, if Holland's actually going to sign a UFA defenseman or two...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
The only entertainment value this team has at the moment is the wtf will Holland do next watch.

Agreed. Fortunately for us, KH only has one more year left on his current contract right? But, unfortunately for us, he will probably sign an extension in the next 8 montsh :laugh::popcorn::help:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Meh, they're big boys they'd get over it pretty quick.

KH always looking for them good ol Michigan boys.

Roy S

May 16, 2009
I don't understand the point of signing Daley. If its only a 2 year deal on a reasonable cap hit, I guess they can deal him at the trade deadline this year when they are well outside the playoff chase. It seems like Campbell would make more sense- sign him for a year and flip him for a 3rd or 4th round pick at the deadline or something.

The only thing I can think of is, the way Khan is writing, it doesn't seem like they expect Kronwall to play much this year. Ericcsson too. Green will be traded by the deadline this season too. So they need bodies. If its only a 2 year deal, then negative damage would be minimal. Worse case is Daley's traded for a mid round pick at the deadline in 2019.

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I don't understand the point of signing Daley. If its only a 2 year deal on a reasonable cap hit, I guess they can deal him at the trade deadline this year when they are well outside the playoff chase. It seems like Campbell would make more sense- sign him for a year and flip him for a 3rd round pick at the deadline or something.

The way Khan is writing, it doesn't seem like they expect Kronwall to play much this year. Green will be traded by the deadline too.

Kronwall is done at this point. They can put all the lipstick they want on that pig, but if they really thought he could perform they would not be chasing free agent defensemen with multi-year contracts.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
kenny is addicted to "character".

The Athletic contributor Frank Provenzano was an assistant GM in Dallas when Daley was there. If the Daley deal gets done and becomes official, he’ll be weighing in on exactly what the Red Wings are getting. He loves Daley.

“Off the ice, they’re getting one of the best guys I came across in my 17 years in the NHL as a person,” Provenzano said. “There’s a reason why Sidney Crosby handed the Cup to Trevor Daley when he only had been on the team a few months. It’s because of who Trevor is.”

https://theathletic.com/72101/2017/...-their-top-free-agent-target-in-trevor-daley/

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Hopefully whoever he signs is on a short term moveable contract. No problem signing has been defensemen if they can be flipped. Defense is always a hot commodity at the deadline. Doan,jagr, kunitz etc etc would be a waste nobody is going to give value for them later. Older cheap defensemen and young unqualified free agents on show me contracts would be my goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad