Proposal: Smashville-New YOK Rangas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This is bad from a Nashville perspective, I'm not trading Fiala for someone who's going to get poached with expansion, and certainly not downgrading from Ellis.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
This is bad from a Nashville perspective, I'm not trading Fiala for someone who's going to get poached with expansion, and certainly not downgrading from Ellis.
This.

If Rongos want to move Nash, fans will probably be underwhelmed with the return a la Kessel 2015 Trade.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
With all of the additions the NYR have made to improve the pk it will hopefully cut Nash's pk time. He did a decent job on pk. but I would rather Nash focus on his offensive game.

Remember he is only one season from scoring 42 goals. He also has to stay healthy.. He still has good speed , size, and hands. With Nash I think it is how he is used. I really think he would flourish with the right team or system.

I guess my point is his talent is being undervalued, but his contract does hurt.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Wasn't it not too long ago that Nashville fans were offering Fiala + 1st + Nystrom for Nash at 30% ?

I have only seen that offer from one single guy, well and of course you quoting it like a hundred times :laugh:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'd easily accept this as a Rangers fan. I think Nash's bounce-back potential is undersold around here, but this is a great deal for the Rangers even if Fiala doesn't pan out. They might be forced to buy out Girardi though to be able to escape the expansion draft without losing Ellis. Assuming they can't trade Girardi or Staal anyway.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
To Smashvillle Kevin Klein, Rick Nash

To NYR: Kevin Fiala, Ryan Ellis

After moving out Jones and Weber in the last year and losing Vesey to FA, I find it hard to believe that they would make a trade to get significantly older and lose another top prospect

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
I have only seen that offer from one single guy, well and of course you quoting it like a hundred times :laugh:

Hey man I'm simply a passionate Rick Nash defender so I'm just trying to be as unreasonable as everyone else on these boards. :handclap:

But in terms of this OP, as much as I rate Ellis I'd take Kevin Klein in this Rangers team every time the offensive difference isn't too big and Klein is very very solid on the backend which will be needed with some young blood (Skjei and McIlrath) possibly seeing more time.

If the only return for Nash is Fiala I'd much rather just see the contract out in hopes that either A) Something miraculous happens and Henrik can carry us on another deep run or B) We ship Nash off at next years deadline if things arent going well and recover at least a 1st+ when looking at this recent rental markets.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee

I offered Fiala, 1st, and Nystrom for Nash at a 50% retention. Now it looks like we wouldn't need the retention so the offer would change quite a bit.

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Hey man I'm simply a passionate Rick Nash defender so I'm just trying to be as unreasonable as everyone else on these boards. :handclap:

But in terms of this OP, as much as I rate Ellis I'd take Kevin Klein in this Rangers team every time the offensive difference isn't too big and Klein is very very solid on the backend which will be needed with some young blood (Skjei and McIlrath) possibly seeing more time.

If the only return for Nash is Fiala I'd much rather just see the contract out in hopes that either A) Something miraculous happens and Henrik can carry us on another deep run or B) We ship Nash off at next years deadline if things arent going well and recover at least a 1st+ when looking at this recent rental markets.

Thats the way I see it as well, but I feel the Ranger will be in the playoffs thus making the Rangers buyers.. Not realistic contenders. I think Nash's value will be a lot higher at the deadline with teams needing that one piece.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I would take moving Nash and retaining 15% for a #1,a former #1 from the previous year and a good prospect. The Rangers take back no contacts. Where do I sign?

Alright challenge accepted...

Nashville gives Austin Watson, 2017 1st, and Viktor arvidsson

Rangers gives Nash with 15% retained

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

So if Nash has a down year are yall going to protect him in the expansion draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad