WWE: Smackdown Live 24: "Flossing like it's Fortnite" And Take the champ's photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Honestly, the biggest issue with wrestling in 2018 is the fans.

You want Becky pushed, boo her. Get her over as a heel. But fans always think they know better and think they can do better.

Dude! They were cheering her like crazy for the last three months!!!!! They were behind her! They wanted her to get the belt!!!!

Now, you: "Well this is what the company wants guys so boo her just do it cmon guys you are the worst!"

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
what nonsense
Not really. The terrible crowds and idiocy of the internet wrestling community is turning me off wrestling way more than the subpar writing.

Guess what, the writing has always been subpar. It's basically a soap opera and it's always been that way. But suddenly it's expected to be Oscar worthy.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Not really. The terrible crowds and idiocy of the internet wrestling community is turning me off wrestling way more than the subpar writing.

Guess what, the writing has always been subpar. It's basically a soap opera and it's always been that way. But suddenly it's expected to be Oscar worthy.

“Why millenials are ruining wrestling and Applebee’s!”

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Dude! They were cheering her like crazy for the last three months!!!!! They were behind her! They wanted her to get the belt!!!!

Now, you: "Well this is what the company wants guys so boo her just do it cmon guys you are the worst!"
Yeah she was cheered. BUT SHE WAS STALE AS f*** AND HAS BEEN FOR WELL IVER A YEAR. People bitch and cry about wanting a change, they get it and they still bitch and cry. The same shit is ruining other sports too. Fans in 2018 are awful

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You need to be an established heel, or have a better turn for some cheap insults to actually garner heat.

Charlotte isn’t nearly over enough as a face to make a Becky turn stick, and there really isn’t another face she could beat up to get it either.

Plus the timing is completely wrong. Becky is more over right now then she might have ever been. This is not when you turn someone.

Honestly this kind of booking screams sabotage. They want to keep pushing Charlotte in a build towards Ronda, but Becky is getting too over for it to work. They don’t want to outright bury her, but they need to cool her off so “bam” ill advised heel turn.

It reminds me of DB joining the Wyatt family. It made no sense he was too over for anyone to believe it and that time they eventually listened to the fans. Perhaps next week the mothercanuckers in Toronto will make it known they support Becky by just singing her entrance theme?

Reactions: GarbageGoal

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island

Crowds are terrible for cheering for the person they want to win?

Reactions: Fro and Jussi

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Crowds are terrible for cheering for the person they want to win?
I was more thinking about hijacking matches like the Rollins/Ziggler match in Philly. That is the perfect example of what I mean.

But often I get the feeling fans intentionally react the opposite of what WWE wants

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Yeah she was cheered. BUT SHE WAS STALE AS **** AND HAS BEEN FOR WELL IVER A YEAR. People ***** and cry about wanting a change, they get it and they still ***** and cry. The same **** is ruining other sports too. Fans in 2018 are awful

She was stale TO YOU. TO YOU. Everyone else missed her on TV for weeks at a time. We were fine with her as a corny face. Almost everyone else here liked her comeback story. Then the second Charley returned, it was obvious what was gonna happen.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
She was stale TO YOU. TO YOU. Everyone else missed her on TV for weeks at a time. We were fine with her as a corny face. Almost everyone else here liked her comeback story. Then the second Charley returned, it was obvious what was gonna happen.
It was alot more than me, but keep telling yourself that.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I was more thinking about hijacking matches like the Rollins/Ziggler match in Philly. That is the perfect example of what I mean.

But often I get the feeling fans intentionally react the opposite of what WWE wants
Agree on the Philly crowd, but I don't think it applies this weekend. I do think WWE shouldn't just always do what fans want, but people have soured on Charlotte since WrestleMania. And even in kayfabe, her being in the match on Sunday was bull.

Reactions: Danger Zone

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There might have been a point when a Becky heel turn made sense when she was really lost and regulated to the back of the line.

That time has passed though. She has only been getting more and more over in recent months, and it doesn’t make sense to try and derail that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It really wasn't.

According to your logic, Flames fans should boo them at home so the players would want to win more.
Comparing real sports to scirpted fighting, where being an excellent bad guy is just as important and a great good guy. Brilliant.

It's more like getting behind a movie where an actor plays an antogonist ratjer than a protagonist.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

No it isn't. They just want it to make sense, like it does just about everywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad