Slater Koekkoek stepped away from hockey at 28 due to anxiety/eating disorder

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Nope, it’s definitely not the right word to complete that sentence because it’s simply not true.

My point was it doesn’t fit the sentence because it’s factually incorrect. Way to miss the point.

Anyway, that’s all I’m going to say because this thread has gone off the rails.
Factuality is mutually exclusive from infamy.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
You probably have. Most people won’t brag about not being able to handle weed.

Most people don’t go to the hospital due to weed. I’m sure some have. But it’s not remotely common. You’re talking about outliers. Extreme cases. People who eat an entire bag of gummies. Anything will send someone to the hospital if it’s abused.

But I would cast doubt on Emp knowing someone who went to the hospital for weed. And I’m calling bullshit on your post. It’s not common whatsoever. You implying that everyone knows someone who went to the hospital for weed reeks of stupidity, quite frankly. Did you think Reefer Madness was a documentary?

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
Most people don’t go to the hospital due to weed. I’m sure some have. But it’s not remotely common. You’re talking about outliers. Extreme cases. People who eat an entire bag of gummies. Anything will send someone to the hospital if it’s abused.

But I would cast doubt on Emp knowing someone who went to the hospital for weed. And I’m calling bullshit on your post. It’s not common whatsoever. You implying that everyone knows someone who went to the hospital for weed reeks of stupidity, quite frankly. Did you think Reefer Madness was a documentary?
You have zero clue what you are talking about. The majority of hospital intakes since the legalization of Weed in Alberta at least are Weed induced Overdoses/Panic attacks. It is now the single highest intake rate of anything.

Wife is a ER nurse and deals with it daily.

Just because it does not happen to you or someone you know it doesnt mean it does not happen. You sound like a stoner type or someone in the business.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yeah up until recently I always got super anxious from smoking or taking edibles. It wasn't until I discovered weed vapes that I was actually able to find something that made me really relaxed and didn't give me any anxiety.

Weed brownies? TRIP

A joint? Okay, a bit relaxing.

Weed vapes were nice, I tried it a couple times but then I got anxious about it because you'd hear about bad stuff with a faulty unit.

All that being said, I hope Koekoek's situation improves.

Hotep Numminen

Aug 13, 2020
overdose/panic attack is a funny combo haha. not reading the thread for the context tho lol.

i have sympathy for koekkoek, i dealt with eating disorder and anxiety issues. i probably would have had the same issues if i'd had his level of talent, not sure i'd have the courage to be open about it

Jul 10, 2003
KW

What strain did you smoke tonight? So I know what to avoid, thanks.

Reactions: dwonger

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I have literally never met a person who has gone to the hospital from being too high.
I’m a paramedic in Colorado. I’ve absolutely taken people to the hospital for being too high. More than a couple. We tried to find alternatives for them but they were freaking out way too hard and there was no safe place to put them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad