Slafkovsky vs Sennecke

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who has the higher ceiling?

• Total voters

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If you say who has the top ceiling it is Sennecke.

If you are asking who is more of a sure bet it is Slafkovsky with his play the second half of last season.
Just seems like a weird poll... slaf was drafted as an 18 year old that was already ready for NHL action.. Sennecke is an obvious project pick with upside... i guess its possible for Sennecke to end up better.... but not based on anything we have to go off of right now.

Prob better to ask in a year or 2

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Slaf was drafted at something like 220 pounds I don't think they are very similar prospects or very comparable, call me crazy but Sennecke kinda reminds me stylistically of Galchenyuk in Juniors , who was a very good prospect. I'm obviously assuming he ends up better than Galchenyuk in the end though

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Sennecke:

Ceiling is the atmosphere
Likelihood of hitting it low
Slippery yet strong skating
Calculated dekes and passes
Extra Gear

Slafkovsky:

Big Mobile Forward
High impact hands
Above average shot: Wrist and 1 timer
Balance is suspect
IQ is maybe slightly above average
Has ELITE grit

• Haha
Reactions: Legend123

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So Slafkovsky has a lower ceiling than Sennecke?

I mean i think if your talking about Ceilings... they prob have similar ceilings.

But slaf floor is much higher at 18, and more likely to hit his ceiling. Sennecke is a project.... could pay off in 2-3 seasons, but right now the obvious answer is slaf... not even good betting odds going with sennecke lol.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Sennecke is unreal when watching him live. Now he has a lot of filling out to do.

I had said that Sennecke has the higher ceiling and that is in terms of if they hit their absolute max.

This past draft Parekh has the highest ceiling for defence and just about all of us would not pick him as the first defenceman in the draft.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Sennecke higher ceilling?!?!

You are crazy, stop DMT stock my man!!
There's no need to answer that poster like this, you've had your fair share of controversial claims on this site as well regarding habs players , usually with very homer takes. It didn't even look like that poster was trolling or anything he just stated his opinion lol

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
He was, and he has been. ~6 months ago most of the Habs board wanted him demoted to the AHL. Then he broke out and wiped away all memory of that, apparently.
Well he should have been in the AHL to begin with in his rookie season but the Habs suck at developing prospects and always throw them to the wolves. He lost time due to injuries so he was behind in development coming into this last season. I don't think any of it affects what his projection is though. just shows lack of thought from the organization.

Reactions: Demigod11

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
There's no need to answer that poster like this, you've had your fair share of controversial claims on this site as well regarding habs players , usually with very homer takes. It didn't even look like that poster was trolling or anything he just stated his opinion lol
If you are strictly talking ceiling, id say there is prob arguments to be made(not very good onces at this point in time).

But if your asking who you would rather have, or who is the better prospect, its Slaf ainec at this point in time.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hf and weird polls. What else goes hand in hand ?

Habs are really happy at this point point Slafkovsky.

Ducks are content, maybe a bit nervous with Sennecke, but I think they'll be more tha happy with him after this upcoming season and having a strong u-20 tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad