• Slafkovsky + Mesar

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Demidov + Hage

Votes: 142 84.5%

• Total voters

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
How good is Mesar ? You’ve surely had the most in-person views of him.

a 4 point Night for Mesar, he could of had 8 pts in this game if his teammates were better. This is just one game but truly showcases how inferior his teammates were.

Here's 6 plays where there was a clear chance of scoring a goal that failed because of his teammates..

1- Mesar's Pass to Rechkof who fails to shoot the puck in front of the net

2- Mesar's Pass to Rechkof who fails to shoot the puck in front of the net 2nd time

3- Mesar's Pass to Teammate who throws a banana of a shot in front of the net, 3rd

4- Mesar setting up a one time for Rechkof but Rechkof loses the puck instead

5- Mesar steals the puck in the Ozone, finds Rechkof open on the other side, Rechkof 1on1 with the goalie shoots the puck high and wide...

6- Beautiful display of Mesar's elite skills, puck carrying, zone entry, decked 3 players, passed it once again in front of the net for the 4th time but this time his teammate made a terrible read on the play and got out of position

Reactions: junyab

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
a 4 point Night for Mesar, he could of had 8 pts in this game if his teammates were better. This is just one game but truly showcases how inferior his teammates were.

Here's 6 plays where there was a clear chance of scoring a goal that failed because of his teammates..
and there are plays like @ 3:24 and it leaves me thinking wth? absolutely no creativity to get by the defender (or) engage in body contact.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Mesar is very good. Quick, great hockey IQ, nice hands. But a softer player, although he's still able to play his game through physical opposition. I think he'd need the right role and linemates to be effective. I have him being a PPG game player in the AHL or could mirror 2013, 2014 David Desharnais NHL success in the right situation.
You’re off your rocker. Joshua Roy couldn’t hit PPG in the AHL and he’s bigger and was nearly twice as productive as Mesar at the same age in the CHL.

Reactions: themilosh

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
You’re off your rocker. Joshua Roy couldn’t hit PPG in the AHL and he’s bigger and was nearly twice as productive as Mesar at the same age in the CHL.
I didn't say next year. If his career ends up being mostly in the AHL he'll end up being a PPG player there.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
and there are plays like @ 3:24 and it leaves me thinking wth? absolutely no creativity to get by the defender (or) engage in body contact.

i guess you missed all 6 chances he created + the 4 plays that the puck went in.

thats 10 plays in one game....

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
i guess you missed all 6 chances he created + the 4 plays that the puck went in.

thats 10 plays in one game....
as a 20yo (overage) junior selected in the 1st round, I'd like to think he can score himself. It's nice that he has good passing, but I fail to see how that translates to NHL where every top 6 player "can" pass. Hey i hope he proves me wrong, but the CH has been marred for decades with small(ish) perimeter playmakers, hence the reason we've not had a top 20 scorer during that period.

but muh linemates are never in the right spot.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Mesar is very good. Quick, great hockey IQ, nice hands. But a softer player, although he's still able to play his game through physical opposition. I think he'd need the right role and linemates to be effective. I have him being a PPG game player in the AHL or could mirror 2013, 2014 David Desharnais NHL success in the right situation.
just what we need to make our Cup Run - if all goes well and we surround him with "special" linemates he might be our very own Desharnais clone. Hugo knows he screwed up with that pick, and thats fine, it happens in the 20s alot, but we are not in position to take our "chances" with such a low ceiling player. i just didn't see it then, and still dont see where he fits in (even if he reaches his ceiling)?

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
just what we need to make our Cup Run - if all goes well and we surround him with "special" linemates he might be our very own Desharnais clone. Hugo knows he screwed up with that pick, and thats fine, it happens in the 20s alot, but we are not in position to take our "chances" with such a low ceiling player. i just didn't see it then, and still dont see where he fits in (even if he reaches his ceiling)?

Tell me who are your 10 favourite players from the 2022 draft.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Dang, love the Deharnais hate flashback! haha

But weird, I think a 50-60pt top 6 F is pretty decent for a later 1st round pick.

When he was drafted he wasn't touted as being someone with a "low ceiling", it's easy to make that assessment now. But everyone needs complementary linemates and ice time, unless you're a superstar. He still has further development ahead, but if people want to write him off now, like they were doing with Slaf last year, all good.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Let's do quick math
Hage >> Busar
Demidov >>> Slaf potential

so yeah a landslide
Lol, don't be so sure about that. Slaf is getting criminally underrated just because there's a shiny new toy in town.

Slaf will be a similar player to Marian Hossa when it will all be said and done. You win cups with those kind of players. And he just scratched the surface. The kid is already a beast. Just wait in 2-3 years. He will be a Titan among normal humans.

Demidov will be incredible, Panarin/Kaprizov level of players imo, but I'll take Slaf comes playoff time...

Luckily the Habs has both !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad