Slaf + Mesar vs Demidov + Hage

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slaf + Mesar vs Demidov + Hage

• Slafkovsky + Mesar

Votes: 25 15.0%
  • Demidov + Hage

Votes: 142 85.0%

• Total voters

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Slafkovsky is the most critical element that leads us to our next Cup. But it doesn’t happen without an elite point-producing forward. So Demidov or someone else. We needed that piece.

Reactions: Toene and Maitz

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
For me it's Demidov and Hage, if Demidov was in the 2022 draft he would have gone 1st and Hage has so much potential, I see a true 2C

Reactions: Redux91

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Slafkovsky is a beast, and he will develop further.

Demidov is a dream prospect, but will have to play in better leagues.

Hage I really like, and I think he already has incentives to be the best he can in Montreal.

2 years later, I still don't like the Mesar pick (hope he'll make me eat crows, though)

Demidov + Hage by default.
Hage has world on his shoulders now. His career has already been disgustingly overshadowed by the death of a relative so much so that when watching Live Questions from reporters I think i know more about his sock colours than I do what he thinks about the game.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Slafkovsky = Demidov, they are different players but equally important to our future and both will be absolute stars/superstars

Mesar has struggled a bit, but still has hope to him.... on the other hand, Hage, till this point has done nothing to suggest he's a sure fire anything... but has had 0 time to disappoint or impress.. but he has tons of promise still and has that new toy shine to him

so at this point I'd say they are relatively equal.. but edge gose to Hage because he's new and hasn't done anything to disappoint or create doubt.

so I guess I'll vote Demidov & Hage

but if we want to slightly Change the parameters to "top 2 picks" from each draft instead of "first 2" and it becomes Slaf & Hutson vs Demidov & Hage... I think I'd give the edge to Slafkovsky & Hutson.

Man, am I happy we got all of them! let the other fans of HFBoards bring on that delicious jealous hate :)

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Slafkovsky = Demidov, they are different players but equally important to our future and both will be absolute stars/superstars

Mesar has struggled a bit, but still has hope to him.... on the other hand, Hage, till this point has done nothing to suggest he's a sure fire anything... but has had 0 time to disappoint or impress.. but he has tons of promise still and has that new toy shine to him

so at this point I'd say they are relatively equal.. but edge gose to Hage because he's new and hasn't done anything to disappoint or create doubt.

so I guess I'll vote Demidov & Hage

but if we want to slightly Change the parameters to "top 2 picks" from each draft instead of "first 2" and it becomes Slaf & Hutson vs Demidov & Hage... I think I'd give the edge to Slafkovsky & Hutson.

Man, am I happy we got all of them! let the other fans of HFBoards bring on that delicious jealous hate :)
yep. Perfect answer.

I'm still amazed at how so many people still don't see it with Slaf. When you have his generational size, the world is your oyster. And as we've seen he's extremely skilled and mobile. I think he actually has more room to improve than Demidov does.

He had a sophomore season that is equal or surpassed some of the very best in the game. I don't know what else he has to do to show that he's for real. It's an insane 1-2 punch with these two plus you still have Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy etc.

Reactions: Rozz

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
yep. Perfect answer.

I'm still amazed at how so many people still don't see it with Slaf. When you have his generational size, the world is your oyster. And as we've seen he's extremely skilled and mobile. I think he actually has more room to improve than Demidov does.

He had a sophomore season that is equal or surpassed some of the very best in the game. I don't know what else he has to do to show that he's for real. It's an insane 1-2 punch with these two plus you still have Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Newhook, Roy etc.
Slafkovsky will be a bull in a china shop in the playoffs. Elite skill is not enough to win. Ask the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
How can any one look at this short clip of him in the WJC (just 6-7 months ago) and doubt he'll be an NHLer?

Poise, vision, speed, stick handling...IQ,

Look at his first goal vs USA, uses the body of the defender as a shield then shoots the puck between his legs to hit a top left corner.

Does he have the strengh to play this way throughout a full AHL / NHL season? time will tell but there's should be no doubt in any ones mind that this guy is the real deal offensively speaking. Him and Demidov if they end up playing together will dominate the league offensively.

We'll have one of the best PP of all times for the next 3-4 years... so buckle up and enjoy the ride and stop whinning.

Reactions: Banjo Cat

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
With all due respect to Slafkovsky who is a unicorn in itself..

Demidov and Hage and its not even close and its all about Demidov.

Reactions: Redux91

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I think Mesar isn't tracking to become an nhler

If he had the size, it's one thing but based on size and production in the OHL it's not looking good

So based on that, I'm gonna vote for this year's haul

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I don't think that analysis is right either. They've been going without a D line for all this time.
Problem is they signed Tavares, this was always the wrong call.
No you are right. But those guys on paper should have far more playoff success than they’ve achieved even with their awful D.

Marner and Matthews are pretty shambolic especially the former.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
No you are right. But those guys on paper should have far more playoff success than they’ve achieved even with their awful D.

Marner and Matthews are pretty shambolic especially the former.

Well, let's take Marner has an example shall we.
Marner is a counter-attacker, you know what any good counter-attacker need? A good pass from a D or a mobile center.

What D can do that on the leafs, one, Rielly.
What C can do that on the leafs, zero.

Problem isn't Marner.
Tavares bye bye
Bring a puck moving D.
Enjoy Marner destroying Ds.
Leafs should have been all over Hutson v2.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mesar has great skating and skill and solid vision but he's a soft perimeter type. I hope Slaf helps him out and just tells him to his face. You need to get much stronger bud! Like twice as much! Shut your mouth and put the work in.

If Mesar ever makes it, someone has to piss him off to get him focusing in the right areas. One way to piss him off is tell him to his face that he is just another Drouin or worse. That should send the right message.

Dimidov and Hage win this hands down. Slaf can't overcome how soft Mesar is.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
For me it's Demidov and Hage, if Demidov was in the 2022 draft he would have gone 1st and Hage has so much potential, I see a true 2C

The elephant in the roof here is Mesar. Skating/skill but a soft perimeter type. Slaf can't over come this.

Demidov won't be gritty but he has the height/weight to perform what he does best. Hage looks like he got both skill and grit. Warrior type.

Reactions: Maitz

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Mesar appears to have a between the ears or in the heart issue. Talent seems to be there.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
voted Slaf+Mesar because I know recency bias goes strong here and I actively try to avoid it.
I know what Slaf is
Demidov is a superstar in the making, in the making being the key word here

also someone here told me Mesar will have 200 points

Reactions: Bombshell11

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I'd like to see what Mesar can do now that he'll be working more closely in his development with the team staff in Laval/Montreal. This will be a very important year for him to see how his skills can be leveraged effectively in the North American pro game. His skating, vision, and puck skills are NHL quality.

To me, his D+2 was "ok". While it didn't inspire a ton of confidence, there were certainly some redeeming qualities (playoff production, WJC's) there that give me some hope that he could turn a corner in his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad