Slaf + Mesar vs Demidov + Hage

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slaf + Mesar vs Demidov + Hage

• Slafkovsky + Mesar

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Demidov + Hage

Votes: 92 86.8%

• Total voters

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Tough choice. I'm not big on what ifs.

I think Demidov and Hage have more high end offence, but Slaf is a true pro and has a lot of skill to go with beast mode. Hard to say with Mesar. I think he could be a Tatar type, and they're valuable.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Ooh this is a good one. Slaf is still my #1 but like @WeThreeKings the gap between Hage and Mesar is bigger than Slaf and Demidov.

I even like Mesar but he does have serious question marks.

Begrudgingly I go with the new guys.

Amazing we have all these guys. Slaf and Demidov is an amazing 1-2 punch and we still have Suzuki and Caufield. Dach if healthy is right there. Roy isn’t that far off. Newhook seems to be coming along and talent wise isn’t that far off.

Incredible potential firepower up front. Very exciting

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
No knocking the potential of young players, but Slaf is a proven NHL player and there's no predicting anything from young players. So many "can't miss" talents do miss. That said we have all of them so honestly that's what matters.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Well it’s too early to tell lol but if you judge based off if they were drafted in the same year and never played in the nhl? I’d go with Demidov and Hage. I voted for the Slaf and Mesar combo because Slaf has had success and Demidov hasn’t at all

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Mesar is what...20 years old and according to many experts on this site is already a bust....pathetic
He’s a tiny scoring winger who barely cracked a point per game in the OHL as a D+2. You can try to sugar coat that if you want, but it’s not good no matter how you spin it.

Demidov is the best player here by a million miles
Lol. We’ll see. A 50+ point season in the NHL at 19 should be no problem then, right?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Slaf to me has potential beyond just points. He looks like a really complete player. I don’t know enough about Hage or Mesar and as much as I love the Demidov highlights, I don’t know enough about him either.

So I’m going with Slaf who’s the most sure thing out of this group. He’s really impressive.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I suspect Mesar will score more points than Hage in 2027, but it won't be on this continent.

• Haha
Reactions: rahad

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
The hate here towards Mesar is disgusting. What a fanbase.
I really don’t see too much hate in here? I see a handful of people calling him a bust or bad pick, and a handful of people defending him. I mean I would imagine management would like a redo of that pick if they had a choice so i don’t think its ‘hate’ to be down on the player. I don’t see any personal insults or anything about him.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I love Slaf as a player but he's not enough to go up against demidov and hage. If both hit their ceiling, Slaf and demidov, while being completely opposite spectrum type of players style wise would be equal more or so less. But Hage is better than Mesar

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
While Slaf is a good player, I think that he doesn't have the game-breaking skill like Demidov. I doubt that Slaf could reach 90-100 points; Demidov has a better chance to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00