Slaf + Mesar vs Demidov + Hage

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slaf + Mesar vs Demidov + Hage

• Slafkovsky + Mesar

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Demidov + Hage

Votes: 88 86.3%

• Total voters

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Depends who ends up better between Slaf and Demidov, most likely, as Hage and Mesar are far from sure things.

Slaf has the inside track right now.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Mesar won’t be an NHLer so it’s Demidov+Hage by default.

I don’t see how either Demidov or Hage can bust. The very worst case for each is a 2nd line winger and a 4th liner respectively.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Mesar won’t be an NHLer so it’s Demidov+Hage by default.

I don’t see how either Demidov or Hage can bust. The very worst case for each is a 2nd line winger and a 4th liner respectively.
Hage is a pure skill player, how many of those play on a NHL 4th line. the idea a 1st from 2 years ago being a bust and the new guy not being able to bust is laughable

Reactions: FerrisRox

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Slaf is one of a kind, but Demidov types make the games worth watching à la Kovalev. We have both.

Yeah, I don't like to disrespect a topic that someone is interested in, but me personally, I'm interested in building a winner, not comparing which 2 of our first round picks are better than which two others. We need to get as many good pieces as possible.

And with Hage, we used a 2nd to get him, about the same spot we got Hutson. So maybe the comparison should be Slaf, Mesar, Hutson versus Demigod and Hage.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Slafkovsky is a beast, and he will develop further.

Demidov is a dream prospect, but will have to play in better leagues.

Hage I really like, and I think he already has incentives to be the best he can in Montreal.

2 years later, I still don't like the Mesar pick (hope he'll make me eat crows, though)

Demidov + Hage by default.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Mesar craters the value of the first duo. He's just a b prospect at best. I think Beck or hutson makes it a closer comparison.

But happy to have them all. Good mix of different attributes.

Reactions: Gustave

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Don’t know Hage but Slaf being an nhler he wins by himself by default. I’d have voted Slaf even if the other 3 were bunched as a choice vs him.

The other three are just highlight reels vs jr players, I hope they turn out!

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Demidov and Hage for sure.

Demidov vs Slaf, that's very close. Demidov more pure talent offensive but the high offensive talent, two-way game and physical ability of Slaf, it's unique aswell.

Hage vs Mesar, I like the talent of Mesar, but Hage looks more easily projectable at NHL level. So that's why I take Demidov and Hage.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Slaf was a project, Demidov can be a 100+ player so Demidov, no questions asked.

Hage is a 21st so on paper hes got the edge... best to wait and see him at camp. Mesar was the best rookie at camp 2 years ago, will Hage be the best this year ?

Mesar is a high end skilled offensive player
Hage is more effective and his trajectory to the NHL is more linear

but its ridiculous to ask this question becauase by the time Hage is ready Mesar will either be on the 1st line with Slaf and Demidov or playing for another team racking up pts...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad