Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
GM wanting to upgrade the top pairing RD position wasn't just due to Ceci. Bouchard and Desharnais were just as much a factor. If we had 'added' a Dman , pretty sure Desharnais would have been the odd one out and not the guy who plays 8-10more mins per game than him.

Also, Archibald aside from that one bad penalty was a cannon ball. An ideal bottom 6 winger who could skate , hit and maybe PK.

I would buy what you are throwing if Ceci is scratched for Stecher next game.
Sorry, you are wrong on so many facets here. First, it was to replace Ceci, hence him being in trade talks. In fact, this coaching staff had started deploying Kulak/VD as second pairing 5v5 and Nurse/Ceci as third pairing. Ceci was absolutely going to be replaced.

Archibald was horrible. The ice was constantly tilted for the opposition when he was on the ice. He was a bad, bad player.

Stretcher should be in for Ceci- he moves the puck better, skates better. I, sure you are aware that Ceci/nurse have been outscored the previous 2 playoffs 15-3? Also most of the high danger chances against are with that pair on the ice? Anyways, we aren’t going to agree.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I think Ceci has been very good in the playoffs so far. Same with Evander Kane.;)
Kane was excellent in game 3. Was quiet last game when Kings ratcheted up their physicality? Ceci hasn’t been good. I want Kane and Ceci to have excellent playoffs.

Reactions: McDoused

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Kane was excellent in game 3. Was quiet last game when Kings ratcheted up their physicality? Ceci hasn’t been good. I want Kane and Ceci to have excellent playoffs.
I just fundamentally disagree. Ceci has limits to his game, but he looked borderline all season, however in the playoffs he's given the team solid play overall.

You can not like him, but still admit he's played reasonably well.

GM wanting to upgrade the top pairing RD position wasn't just due to Ceci. Bouchard and Desharnais were just as much a factor. If we had 'added' a Dman , pretty sure Desharnais would have been the odd one out and not the guy who plays 8-10more mins per game than him.

Also, Archibald aside from that one bad penalty was a cannon ball. An ideal bottom 6 winger who could skate , hit and maybe PK.

I would buy what you are throwing if Ceci is scratched for Stecher next game.
Josh Archibald SUCKS as actually playing hockey, so he's pretty useless on the whole. He's basically Adam Erne level, with less size and talent, but more speed.

Ceci isn't getting scratched.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
My God I just discovered something on this site. I am an idiot!
I've never been on site on anything but my phone until today. Looking at messages from 3 years ago!

I will converse with you tomorrow sir of whenever you're available as I'd like to chat!

Ha yeah possibly!
lol.
Send me a message anytime.
Would love to chat.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Matthews playing like he's on an island, cherry picking for personal stats (when he's not clogging toilets).

Drai out there helping his boys rack up goals, looking for openings for them and giving tips.
SN and Matthews would consider this a very successful playoffs if he scores his 71st in a 5-1 loss tomorrow night, with the PBP crew fawning over his achievement.

• Haha
Reactions: oobga

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
SN and Matthews would consider this a very successful playoffs if he scores his 71st in a 5-1 loss tomorrow night, with the PBP crew fawning over his achievement.
Toronto media: "Auston Matthews...blah blah Maples Leafs looking for their first Stanley Cup since 1967 blah blah blah Auston Matthews took a shit this morning. His return is a game time decision...

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
30 minutes. Really splitting hairs at this point lol.
IMG_4855.gif

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Sorry, you are wrong on so many facets here. First, it was to replace Ceci, hence him being in trade talks. In fact, this coaching staff had started deploying Kulak/VD as second pairing 5v5 and Nurse/Ceci as third pairing. Ceci was absolutely going to be replaced.

Archibald was horrible. The ice was constantly tilted for the opposition when he was on the ice. He was a bad, bad player.

Stretcher should be in for Ceci- he moves the puck better, skates better. I, sure you are aware that Ceci/nurse have been outscored the previous 2 playoffs 15-3? Also most of the high danger chances against are with that pair on the ice? Anyways, we aren’t going to agree.
Yet when the games matter the most.

Ceci and Nurse is being deployed ahead of Kulak and VD

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
After game 2 I was adamant that while Skinner could be better the team itself just simply gave way too much up. In the end pinning it entirely on skinner wasn’t reality.

The same principle applies to game 4. Skinner was dialled in but the team gave up no breakaways, 2on1s, open slot looks, etc.They played a solid defensive game and let Skinner do his job.

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
I like how Knoblauch and Coffey are managing the defence. Other teams are rolling out their #1 dmen 25+ minutes a night in the playoffs and are going to be exhausted.

Meanwhile the Oilers don't have a single defenceman in the top 32 TOI for dman.
I like how Knob said that Coffee is in charge of what defensemen are going out on the ice. He is quick to credit Gulutzan for the power play as well.

Reactions: ManOfSteelI

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Hm like I said all year, I thought Mcleod would be good at 3C for us. Maybe won’t light the lamp or punish guys on the forecheck but he’ll win his minutes at possession and being always effective and responsible defensively.

Didn’t really think we needed a 3C with Mcleod around. And now we’re playing our “3C” Henrique as a Top 6 wing instead of just getting a natural top 6 wing. Oh well, either way this teams a wagon.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
For the officials. I think they did insert themselves into the game with 2 super weak calls. Kulak's high stick was a total phantom call to make up for the weak holding call.

That was the extent of their efforts to be noticed last night.

lol at the last point. Maybe Kings pulled out the sudafed that Darryl Sutter had stashed away.

It's amazing, they had Sutter do the 1-3-1, hire koala, he implements the 1-3-1, fire time, bring the new guy to implement the 1-3-1....

Either Rob Blake has truly gone insane, or he's legit trying to get fired.

• Haha
Reactions: oobga

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00