Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Desharnais was actually phenomenal tonight.

He was mistake free and blocked nearly every puck that came near him.

Yeah, Deharnais defensive efforts super noticeable tonight.

Also it seemed like most oilers forwards were just wizards at at least getting the puck over our blue line to kill LA's pushes. Still think we would get smoked by a good offensive team trying to play like we did tonight, but against LA and their 1 line team (and I guess Mikey Anderson, who somehow seemed like their most dangerous player), it worked.

Now smoke these fools in game 5 to leave no doubts.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Skinners only 25. I think last year he didnt realize just how good he is and was still adjusting to being a #1 goalie. He looks like he's matured a lot since last playoffs.
We really need to keep this in mind too. He could get even better. 25 is young for goalies.

And yeh i realize we need him at his peak right NOW. But that’s not his fault that the Oilers couldn’t draft or retain a starter for years or spent their first round picks on skilled forwards instead of on a dice roll goalie.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah, Deharnais defensive efforts super noticeable tonight.

Also it seemed like most oilers forwards were just wizards at at least getting the puck over our blue line to kill LA's pushes. Still think we would get smoked by a good offensive team trying to play like we did tonight, but against LA and their 1 line team (and I guess Mikey Anderson, who somehow seemed like their most dangerous player), it worked.

Now smoke these fools in game 5 to leave no doubts.
LA did something tonight most teams don’t do. They actually alternated between a 1-3-1 and a more aggressive 2-1-2/1-2-2.

It caught the Oilers off guard and they didn’t know how to break out the puck.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Louie’s a nice guy and probably an Oilers die hard. But he’s obviously got some sort of ref sucking off directive and I don’t like it. I watch Boston or Leaf’s games, and their home town guys will call out bad reffing for their teams. And our guy, excuses bad reffing. I think it has a non zero effect over a large sample, and Louie is putting us behind the ball.
Jack would probably call it out but instead we have Singh who usually doesn’t know what’s going on.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Oiler hater tears are almost as sweet as the win. Haha Leafs fans trying to rationalize how they are better is a meme. That's like multidimensional levels of cognitive dissonance, Dr Strange couldn't even diagnose them.
The Leafs are the worst team in the playoffs every year. Their post season record proves it. I’d love for the post season to be 1 vs 16 and so on just to see them lose to a different team every year instead of the same ones. It would get rid of another false and unprovable narrative that they’re only losing because they’re in a tough division. I’d bet money the Kings would throttle them in a 7 game series.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wait, did Chia draft an elite top pair offensive D and a #1 goalie?

Too bad he was such a lunatic with trading.
He did. And got us Vinny too. And got us Bear which got us Foegele. And Jones which got us Kieth for one year.

Drafting under Chia was loads better than under Holland. Although I’m not sure who to credit? Maybe it was Bob green who was there through the whole tenure. Or Hollands dumbass move of bringing in Wright reducing Greens say in the room.

Reactions: McDoused and oobga

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad