Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Did he delete it? 7 to 4 in Oilers favor seems crazy to me. Not being an LA pumper, but I think Stu had to do his fair share tonight. Lots of bounces around the net went our way tonight too, total opposite of game 2.

Naturastattrick says 14 to 4 high danger chances in favor of LA. Ceci on for 11 of the ones against, which is reasonable, because he was the one D that was just in constant panic mode.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013

bouch.png

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Did he delete it? 7 to 4 in Oilers favor seems crazy to me. Not being an LA pumper, but I think Stu had to do his fair share tonight. Lots of bounces around the net went our way tonight too, total opposite of game 2.

Naturastattrick says 14 to 4 high danger chances in favor of LA. Ceci on for 11 of the ones against, which is reasonable, because he was the one D that was just in constant panic mode.
14 to 4 makes a lot more sense if just based on shot location data which it likely is

Reactions: McDoused

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
On Perry, he had one of the best scoring chances with his stick/body work bringing the puck into and across the slot. Then he later set up Nurse who had a great opportunity.
With only 13 shots I figured you guys could remember those two! Slow or not he is playing smart positionally to limit his weakness and is using his strengths to create plays.

Defensively I was nervous as hell but the boys didn’t let me down once.
Kulak with big plays (a massive one against Fiala), Ceci and Nurse with big plays, Desharnais did everything great, Ekholm and Bouchard were pristine. Bouchard had a few plays in the corner to keep or retrieve the puck that stood out to me.

The forwards were all playing their positions in a text book way. Winning the small battles defensively and moving the puck around well. Tons of board play, I love watching the boards during the playoffs (my favourite spot when playing hockey).

It was very exciting hockey although low shooting. There were some great looks that missed like the Kulak pinch he fanned on, the Nurse shot from the zone entry pinch that Rittich managed to block, the Perry dragging through the slot and getting us an opportunity. Hyman barely missed a couple plays and McDavid just fanned on a shot that would have be an open net. The best thing about that play is instead of pulling the trigger after dusting the puck he kept in the zoom to try and get more chances.

I loved that the Kings had ZERO shots on their PP.

Something that we are doing more of this year compared to last: playing a clean game and keeping out of the box when you know the other team will get away with almost anything. Maybe we finally have someone on the bench knows what is happening and he is rallying the guys to focus on playing clean hard hockey and keeping your head up.

Skinner was a brick wall.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Jack Campbell is recalled ?
Yes. He can fill Stu’s water bottle and get him towels when he needs em.

my favourite tonight is when Singh said "that one hit the post" but upon replay it was saved by Skinner and was nowhere near the post.
Yeh I saw that too immediately. Dudes either blind or trolling.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
we may have finally hit our diamond in the rough on a late pick that other teams usually get. He was pretty underwhelming last playoffs, so this is a huge surprise.
His game has really matured quickly in one year. Which makes some sense in that he’s almost 28 years old.

The unfortunate bit is that the longer this lasts into the playoffs the more likely he prices himself off our bottom pairing lol.

Reactions: McDoused and Mr Kot

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
"Lip Gloss" Louie needs to pack it in.
Louie’s a nice guy and probably an Oilers die hard. But he’s obviously got some sort of ref sucking off directive and I don’t like it. I watch Boston or Leaf’s games, and their home town guys will call out bad reffing for their teams. And our guy, excuses bad reffing. I think it has a non zero effect over a large sample, and Louie is putting us behind the ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad