Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Give credit where its due as well. The Oilers defence was excellent all night. Skinner was a wall, but the Oilers were excellent at limiting rebound chances and overall grade A looks.
It was good for sure. Not as good as the Kings but it was good.

Reactions: McDoused

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I didn’t say they should feel shame at all, but frustration and demoralized for sure though. They threw everything but the kitchen sink at Skinner tonight and if he didn’t make the save, the defensive unit worked together and cleaned up the garbage. On a typical night against most teams, LA probably wins that by at least a 3-1 margin or more. They’re on the verge of losing in the 1st round to the same for the third straight year.
Oh yeah. For sure. Its hard to lose any game. But The Oilers are a very good team. Underlining that again this postseason. This is a pretty deep Oilers squad this time. Only question mark I had was goaltending and Skinner sure looked after that in LA in games 3,4. If the Oilers get goaltending like this hard for anybody to stop.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Skinners best game as an oiler.

Team also played fairly good defensively and didn’t give up many grade A chances
It was more proof of how well a goalies play depends on team structure. When the team is defending the net a goalie can play well. When they aren’t and are leaving guys open in the slot all night with time and space to place their shots goalies get hammered. Skinner has bad games but so do the defensemen on this team. Unfortunately for him, he gets blamed for the bad games the defensemen have too. Skinner was outstanding tonight but I’m even more excited about how well the defensemen played. IMO, those guys are the key to how far this team can go.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It was more proof of how well a goalies play depends on team structure. When the team is defending the net a goalie can play well. When they aren’t and are leaving guys open in the slot all night with time and space to place their shots goalies get hammered. Skinner has bad games but so do the defensemen on this team. Unfortunately for him, he gets blamed for the bad games the defensemen have too. Skinner was outstanding tonight but I’m even more excited about how well the defensemen played. IMO, those guys are the key to how far this team can go.
100%.
The team in front of a goalie is critical.
Just ask Hellebuyck.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Oh yeah. For sure. It’s hard to lose any game. But The Oilers are a very good team. Underlining that again this postseason. This is a pretty deep Oilers squad this time. Only question mark I had was goaltending and Skinner sure looked after that in LA in games 3,4. If the Oilers get goaltending like this hard for anybody to stop.
They don’t have the best record in LA so to come out of there 2-0 this spring is pretty damn solid. Two very versatile wins: beat them in the alley and then beat them with stay at home defense and goaltending tonight. Your other post about this game unmasking Woodcroft nailed it. Knoblauch has an incredible mind for the game. This Jackson guy might not be so bad.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Big picture. Good rest night for all
Can’t agree more on all points.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Hopefully we broke the Kings spirit a bit and can close them out next game. LA won’t likely go away easily though.

Great game by Skinner. Hopefully this gives him a lot of confidence and he can follow it up on Wednesday.
The Kings won't go quietly in game #5. I still say they have alot of talent on that team. They got all the lucky bounces in game #2 but none tonight. The hockey gods will give L.A. at least one weird goal when they get back to Roger's place.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad