Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

ManOfSteelI

Nov 5, 2018
My stream was about 40 seconds behind. If I wanted a minute of relief I'd just refresh the game thread and give the last 5-10 posts a quick read. That way I could watch stress-free for little bit of time lol.
Lol, the only downside of sailing the high sea's. I turn off all notifications and only really look at forums/reddit during intermission.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Skinner sure came to play!

And I think we really need to give props to Vinny. Last year he got walked by whoever that was in the playoffs and looked completely out of place. A year later he is a literal anchor of our PK and can be trusted 100% in our zone. I can’t think of a Oiker who had his career arc. Just an awesome story.
Where did we draft him at ?

Reactions: McDoused

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Just can't see how the game was boring. I don't need 15 goals for a game to be interesting. Its like watchign Italy win a WC game 1-0. You have to pay attention to the impeccable defending, resolute focus, the Oilers were a shutdown machine today despite the SOG. Vast majority was contained to outside. EVery Oilers D and Skinner was heroic. but so were the forwards coming back contesting spaces. It was textbook all zone responsible play. Kings didn't have an odd man rush all night. They live for that.
I should clarify, boring from an Oilers offensive perspective. I appreciate all the excellent defensive plays they made all night and the excellent puck management. Still not my type of exciting, but I do appreciate the Oilers dedication to the defence tonight.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
IMG_3339.jpeg

Wowzers. Skinner really did hold the fort lol

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is easy to break down...this team won because of Stuart Skinner and the Power play.

LA physically dominated this game....LA carried the play....LA played a very tight defensive game and gave the Oilers almost nothing. Yet they still lost.

Did I mention that the Oilers didnt have a goaltending problem?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Probably not. Kings can't win the series and knew it going in. Nashville would feel terrible losing their game and going to vancouver because they collapsed and gave up 3 goal comeback to a bad team. That is nothing like this game and the Kings are playing the Cup favorites. Would they feel shamed in this game? Don't think so.
I didn’t say they should feel shame at all, but frustration and demoralized for sure though. They threw everything but the kitchen sink at Skinner tonight and if he didn’t make the save, the defensive unit worked together and cleaned up the garbage. On a typical night against most teams, LA probably wins that by at least a 3-1 margin or more. They’re on the verge of losing in the 1st round to the same for the third straight year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Also if we were playing man defense like last season we would’ve lost for sure. Would’ve been a blown coverage in there somewhere.
This game completely unmasks Woody and showcases how he couldn't get the team to this game. Masterful job by the Oilers and the coaching staff. Slowclap. The discipline to play how they had to for 60mins deserves that. This is the Oilers expanding repertoire.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Watching the TNT feed, I really appreciated how out of their way the play by play went to not mention the shutout. Unlike the usual Sportsnet telecasts.

Fuggin bingo tonight!

I'm stuck with the TNT broadcasts. You're being VERY generous to assume that PBP guy had any clue he wasn't mentioning the shut out, he barely can keep track of what arena they're in.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
This is easy to break down...this team won because of Stuart Skinner and the Power play.

LA physically dominated this game....LA carried the play....LA played a very tight defensive game and gave the Oilers almost nothing. Yet they still lost.

Did I mention that the Oilers didnt have a goaltending problem?
Give credit where its due as well. The Oilers defence was excellent all night. Skinner was a wall, but the Oilers were excellent at limiting rebound chances and overall grade A looks.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
My stream was about 40 seconds behind. If I wanted a minute of relief I'd just refresh the game thread and give the last 5-10 posts a quick read. That way I could watch stress-free for little bit of time lol.
I just went by what Soothsayer said and assumed I was watching a replay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad