Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
IMG_1819.png

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Kings were desparate tonight. You gotta be able to win games like this every now and then if you wanna win the Cup, can't outplay the opposition every night. Need some luck along the way too. Credit to Skinner for stealing this one and the team defence for limiting true grade A shots to relatively little compared to the shot total. Still a great game by Skinner though.

Pretty confident Oilers will win this at home in G5.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I couldn't take it with 2 minutes to go. I switched to an old movie and kept going back to the game every 20 seconds.

TBH I didn't think they could hold on but super glad to be wrong.
The only thing that gets me through sometimes is doom scrolling. Thank god for Hf Oil. You guys are alright even though we bitch and disagree at eachother all the time.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
I can't believe someone called this game boring. I can't even imagine the anxiety the Oilers felt knowing that the Kings could get away with anything and the Oilers would be penalized for the slightest infraction. I was terrified for most of the game, largely because of the refs.

Skinner totally stole us one after partially losing us one. Great performance. I just hope it's a regular thing.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I don’t wanna be that guy, but man Corey Perry looks very slow to me, he needs to be on the 4 line I think.
The only saving grace is that Perry has won a cup, so I guess they keep him in for that presence of mind and veteran steadiness? He's pretty much been a ghost though. I was hoping for one dirty goal crease goal at a crucial time but I don't even know if he has that in him. If he's not out of the league in a year I'd be really surprised, his boots are atrociously slow.

At least he hasn't cost a goal or hurt the team otherwise. Let's hope he has just enough to gut it out to the end of this run, wherever it goes, and move on from him in the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad