Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Stu is the hero but give L.A. some credit too. They had their backs against the wall but played a great game in limiting the Oilers to 13 shots. Not many teams in the NHL could have held them to that level.

L.A. fans are super annoying. Do they ever stop calling for a penalty when somebody falls down?
To be honest it looked like the Oilers had zero interest in forechdcking tonight it was a full protect the house effort, but yes full marks to LA as they had no bad turnovers.

Reactions: McDoused

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Skinner sure came to play!

And I think we really need to give props to Vinny. Last year he got walked by whoever that was in the playoffs and looked completely out of place. A year later he is a literal anchor of our PK and can be trusted 100% in our zone. I can’t think of a Oiker who had his career arc. Just an awesome story.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
The special teams have been the series. The Teams have been equal at EV. Its the clear difference in series. Kings had their chance to score on PP and have nothing going on that first unit. Completely disjointed, a lot of that due to Fiala.

But credit Oilers who pressure very well on PK.

Another comment that this impeccable play is coming without Connor Brown on the team or on the PK. With guys like Henrique added he's really not needed at all. Henrique had a lot of own zone brilliant moments including last minutes. Quiet moments but shutting things down at key times when there were scrambles.
The Oilers PP is as good as ever, but much better Pk under Knob.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
To be honest it looked like the Oilers had zero interest in forechdcking tonight it was a full protect the house effort, but yes full marks to LA as they had no bad turnovers.
Was too much interference to get an effective forecheck it seemed. If they’d have tried more the kings would have had easier zone entry

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
3-1 SERIES LEAD AND STUART SKINNER WITH THE BEST GAME OF HIS CAREER.

He was amazing tonight and even defensively we played decent.

Oilers were opportunistic and I am so happy that Skinner made up for his bad game.

Game 5 will be EPIC

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Skinner sure came to play!

And I think we really need to give props to Vinny. Last year he got walked by whoever that was in the playoffs and looked completely out of place. A year later he is a literal anchor of our PK and can be trusted 100% in our zone. I can’t think of a Oiker who had his career arc. Just an awesome story.
Man I will eat a huge bowl of pickled crows feet on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad