Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Give credit where due, Skinner certainly won this for the team. This team isn't built to sit back like that, so I hate the style of this game for this iteration of the lineup but it's a relief to see they can win a nail biter. Really don't want to see a sub-15 shot total again.

Huge relief, my hands were sweaty as hell watching the last 10 minutes. Kill these dirty pricks at home, end it and give your guys some rest.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Watching Skinner tonight-

vince-mcmahon.gif

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Stuart Effin’ Skinner. There are key moments in a series that you need your tender to steal you a game. That was this game times 10. Calm, cool, composed and focused right from puck drop. This was pretty much the Kings perfect game, as good as they can play, with the ideal refs, and they still came up short. This was the ultimate example of bend but don’t break. Finish it off on Wednesday boys.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Was right about this one. Would be the hardest contested game of the series, both teams all business and an impeccable defensive display. NO EV goals allowed by either team and only a PP wins it.

Best ever game by Stuart Skinner. But the Oilers flexing a different muscle you didn't expect tonight.

Classic 1-0 win on the road.

None of you are going to be able to sleep for hours. heh

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Composure.

Skinner winner with a huge game. Dialed in. Nurse, Desharnais were excellent all game. Super high confidence to pair Desiharnais Ekholm to close out this game. Really liked McLeod's defensive game tonight. Fantastic deep support all game in the right spots to support team defending.

EDIT: Add credit to Oil PK group. Perfect this game and all series.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Been a while since we’ve won a playoff game we didn’t deserve to win.

Feels good.

Pretty mature third period despite the shot differential.
I missed basically the entire game but based on the skinner highlights they showed, it didn’t look like LA had very many top chances. Didn’t look like he had to stand on his head but made those key saves you need.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
That's what I've been looking for from Skinner for a long long time.

Just tracking pucks and dialed in with a calm economy of movement.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't think he had it in him, but I'm very happy to be wrong.

As an aside I can't help but wonder if the boys have the same bug I do. Entire week I've been pretty well throwing up everything I try to eat or drink. Just looked a little anemic the whole way through.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Boring ass game since the refs let the Kings get away with endless hooking, holding, interference, you name it. Oilers were flat but elected to just play a good shutdown defensive game after going up 1-0, a page out of LA's book, but it actually works against LA because they don't have the offensive weapons we have. Skinner was rock solid excellent game from him and the D in front of him were excellent clearing out second chances, pretty much everything was a one and done from LA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad