GDT: Skinner comes home

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

Wanting things to be "easy" and "making things hard on themselves" are recurring themes on this board and Twitter. Who the he!! ever said winning games in the NHL was easy? The other guys are getting paid, too. They're busting their butts, too. Tampa Bay had to work like crazy to beat us on Thursday, and they're 33-8. Nothing is easy. I honestly think it's a bit of the "college" mindset around here. It doesn't happen in other cities that I've lived in. When your team wins, you're happy. Who gives a flip of it was "easy" or "hard?" A win is a win is a win. And a win in this league is a good thing.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
2qy9er.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Wanting things to be "easy" and "making things hard on themselves" are recurring themes on this board and Twitter. Who the he!! ever said winning games in the NHL was easy? The other guys are getting paid, too. They're busting their butts, too. Tampa Bay had to work like crazy to beat us on Thursday, and they're 33-8. Nothing is easy. I honestly think it's a bit of the "college" mindset around here. It doesn't happen in other cities that I've lived in. When your team wins, you're happy. Who gives a flip of it was "easy" or "hard?" A win is a win is a win. And a win in this league is a good thing.

It's less about whether the game is "easy" or "hard," it's more about whether the team is making the game more difficult for themselves by their own actions. Taking stupid penalties, defensive breakdowns, etc. Or hell, even learning how to bury an empty net opportunity when one presents itself would make so many games so much easier to handle.

Brindamour talked post-game about how one of his jobs is to keep an eye on the players' mental fatigue. He knows the style of play he's asking them to play can wear on them mentally as well as physically. Well, I'm sure watching just about every 2-goal lead evaporate to a 1-goal lead (or tie game) also wears on them mentally. Hence why there's talk about why they need to stop making things difficult for themselves.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
You all are crazy if you don’t want Tarasenko on this team. He’s played 4 seasons in a row with 33+ goals. Sure maybe he’s not good defensively, but he sure seems to make it up with his offensive gifts. His offense is struggling this year, hints his bad defensive play is being exposed via the +\- stat. But he’s only 27, he’s going to rebound, he’s playing on a not so great Blues team this year, we’ve seen what that has done to hold back some of our previous players.....

And I think you all are forgetting what this team was like 8 games ago. We were lucky to score 2 goals in a game. Goal scoring is still needed. Aka we could use Vlad’s goal scoring. I don’t think we’re going to continue to keep scoring at the same rate as we are on this hot streak, things are going to eventually stagnant.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Also I hate Buffalo fans so much. Nasty grump Buffalo lady was screaming at someone in the parking lot going home. “Oh I’m sure you miss Skinner now don’t you?! You all scared him away and he hated Carolina! You didn’t deserve him”

I love Skinner. Buffalo fans don’t deserve him. I sure hope he brings his Buffalo success to some other team other than the Sabres. And that he finally gets to the playoffs on a team other than Buffalo.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
You all are crazy if you don’t want Tarasenko on this team. He’s played 4 seasons in a row with 33+ goals. Sure maybe he’s not good defensively, but he sure seems to make it up with his offensive gifts. His offense is struggling this year, hints his bad defensive play is being exposed via the +\- stat. But he’s only 27, he’s going to rebound, he’s playing on a not so great Blues team this year, we’ve seen what that has done to hold back some of our previous players.....

And I think you all are forgetting what this team was like 8 games ago. We were lucky to score 2 goals in a game. Goal scoring is still needed. Aka we could use Vlad’s goal scoring. I don’t think we’re going to continue to keep scoring at the same rate as we are on this hot streak, things are going to eventually stagnant.

Seriously... there are like 5-10 guys in the entire NHL that could score 40 in any given year. Tarasenko is closer in talent to Aho than anyone else on the team at present.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

Keep in mind that there was a ton of slugs fans last night. But it's been awesome to see PNC pretty packed lately. Thought the crowd last night was great and did a good job at shutting up the obnoxious Sabres fans lol. Sounds like the game against Nashville is going to have a great turnout too.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I just don't think that Tarasenko worth Necas+Pesce. The price will be very high. He's on decline in last two season. Not sure that he's more than 60 pts forward at the moment, not sure that he would put bigger numbers here. I'm fine with Hamilton/Faulk, Kuokk and etc but not Necas or Pesce. Personally i'd try for ROR and Schenn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad