Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Polish-20241007-140315660.jpg

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
He’ll get the President and the GM fired not the other way around.

And the building could be empty and the concessions stands could all be shut down because they suck, it doesn’t matter. The bulk of funding comes from sponsorship money not running a profitable hockey team.

lol If it gets that bad, the president of SKA would axe Rotenberg in a heartbeat. The dude is also the president of FC Zenit.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
lol If it gets that bad, the president of SKA would axe Rotenberg in a heartbeat. The dude is also the president of FC Zenit.
As far as I can see Gazprom owns the team. FC Zenit guy will jump if Gazprom tells him to jump. You can tell me if you think Gazprom would allow Rotenberg to be fired, for example, if he lost too many games?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
This is a joke. If this continues for a few more games, Hughes will hopefully live up to him word an explore the options. Sure it's good to practice and travel with a pro team, but the kid needs to play and continue to build confidence.

Does that implicate a cloack n dagger Bobrov infiltration of Russia and a briefcase full of cash?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
As far as I can see Gazprom owns the team. FC Zenit guy will jump if Gazprom tells him to jump. You can tell me if you think Gazprom would allow Rotenberg to be fired, for example, if he lost too many games?

The President of both SKA and Zenit is the Deputy Chairman of Gazprom's Management Committee.....basically deputy CEO.

Yes Rotenberg is gone if SKA completely tanks. But that's unlikely, he has countless money and resources at his disposal. It's a joke.

But there are limits. Recall Rotenberg (and any undue influence by SKA) was thoroughly marginalized and bypassed by all of Russian hockey for the 2022 olympics.

Last edited:

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I stand by me prediction. I dont know how, but by christmas, Demidov will be in NA.

He already said that he's ok to report to Laval if he has too. It seems like a no-brainer to me, unless he can get a trade in the KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad