GDT: SKA versus Vityaz - October 21st, 12:00 EST

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
“BUT HIS STRAIGHTAWAY SPEED WTK, WHAT ABOUT HIS STRAIGHTAWAY SPEED???”, - pundits before the draft.
He wasn't that fast last year. He also improved his shot.

Anyone putting in the work will reap improvements from the effort. Demidov clearly put in the work this off-season. It's not because most of the Habs prospects have been lazy bums that they all are.

Reactions: Gustave

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
“BUT HIS STRAIGHTAWAY SPEED WTK, WHAT ABOUT HIS STRAIGHTAWAY SPEED???”, - pundits before the draft.
It was an issue. But a bigger issue was the Russian factor, an issue that we now all too well know about. But there is no question Demidov has really smoothed out his stride that has significantly boosted his separation speed. I don’t care about the fancy statistics. His increased speed passes the old eye test.

Reactions: Gustave

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
He apparently trains extremely hard outside of games, maybe even too much. I think he'd clearly be a ppg+ player in the KHL if he got the chance.
Right now, CC, Suze and Slaf are pretty much PPG. Demidov is better. So slam dunk that he’ll be more than PPG in the NHL.

• Love
Reactions: Andrei79

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Based on NHL edge data, I believe only Anderson has topped this speed this year (on Habs). In any case, he'd be one of our fastest players.
There were messed up evaluations. He has half a step against other KHL players. Maybe the limited views and some people thought he was a small 5’10 instead of 6’1, they misjudged his stride.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad