WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Pretty bad look for the KHL for punishing their most promising players for wanting to play in North America. As mentionned in the article, what happens to Demidov happened before to Romanov, Podkolzin, Morozov, Marchenko and Askarov. I hope they find a way to bring Demidov in NA asap.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pretty bad look for the KHL for punishing their most promising players for wanting to play in North America. As mentionned in the article, what happens to Demidov happened before to Romanov, Podkolzin, Morozov, Marchenko and Askarov. I hope they find a way to bring Demidov in NA asap.

KHL can't compete with NHL salaries and these young Russian kids want to explore NA and what it has to offer. That's not including playing in the best league in the world with high salaries after the ELC.

I do feel for Russian hockey. Imagine if Canada was losing our top end talent for the KHL? We would not like it either. Would we manage the same by punishing the kid? Probably not

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
This is not the ''KHL'' that is doing this. This is entirely SKA's agenda. A lot if not most of KHL clubs would give Demidov 15+ minutes every single night if they had him on their team.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Looks like its Kuznetsov giving him ice-time, so makes sense why it went down when he was injured. Guess we gotta hope Kuznetsov stays engaged.
You were right. I was wrong. I thought they would have already given up trying to sign him… SKA needs to hire Suge as they’re lead negotiator.

IMG_0035.jpeg

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I do feel for Russian hockey. Imagine if Canada was losing our top end talent for the KHL? We would not like it either. Would we manage the same by punishing the kid? Probably not
Hockey Canada is already snobbing kids who go the USHL->NCAA route unless they are brand names. This will probably get worst once the NCAA stop considering CHL kids as professionals since a lot more will probably make the jump (there have been rumors for 2 years about it and now a lawsuit).

It would probably be even worst behavior then in Russia, if the top hockey league wasn't in NA...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hockey Canada is already snobbing kids who go the USHL->NCAA route unless they are brand names. This will probably get worst once the NCAA stop considering CHL kids as professionals since a lot more will probably make the jump (there have been rumors for 2 years about it and now a lawsuit).

It would probably be even worst behavior then in Russia, if the top hockey league wasn't in NA...

It's all about managing the individual leagues and using leverage. It is a business. The stupid part is pretending you have leverage when you don't

What type of snobbing are the CHL doing? Examples?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
What type of snobbing are the CHL doing? Examples?
If you mean my Hockey Canada comment, they usually ignore kids (don't even invite them to camps) who aren't playing for the CHL for the WJC and other tournaments unless they are already well known entities like Celebrini and Fantilli.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you mean my Hockey Canada comment, they usually ignore kids (don't even invite them to camps) who aren't playing for the CHL for the WJC and other tournaments unless they are already well known entities like Celebrini and Fantilli.

Well Demidov is a well known talent in Russia like Celebrini and Fantilli are with Canada. Got to compare apples to apples.

I understand playing hard ball with the meh type of prospects but the top end? Doubt Canada does it to the level Russia does. I need more evidence

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Well Demidov is a well known talent in Russia like Celebrini and Fantilli are with Canada. Got to compare apples to apples.

I understand playing hard ball with the meh type of prospects but the top end? Doubt Canada does it to the level Russia does. I need more evidence
I didn't say they were doing it right now. I wrote that if the top league wasn't in NA, Canada would probably be just as bad as Russia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad