GDT: SKA game 2 vs Lada Saturday at 7:30 am EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
He did as much as what was humanly possible considering the short shifts and that the play died as soon as his linemates touched the puck. With a bit more puck luck he could have had 1 goal + 1 assist.
It's only been a short sample size, but it must be obvious to any observer that the concerns and worries about Demidov not being able to complete against the better opposition that he would be facing in the KHL, were misplaced. While he still needs to get stronger and faster and may have games where he is less impactful, Demidov is showing positive signs that he is the real deal and that he may well have been a steal at 5 OA.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The Demidov threads will be nauseating all year long as it will be sycophants/apologists fawning over his bright spots and looking to place blame anywhere but on him for any shortcomings.

He won't be 19 until December 10th and he is in his first pro season in a corrupt league on a team with a history of not being friendly to kids.

I will watch the clips that @montreal is kind enough to provide and as long as his skill work ethic and IQ are evident the rest will just be noise until he comes over next season. The micro dissecting of his game and situation will be gag-inducing and of little contextual/factual significance so I vow to do my best to ignore the heaps of nonsense that are burgeoning on the horizon lol.

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
This thread will be nauseating all year long as it will be sycophants/apologists fawning over his bright spots and looking to place blame anywhere but on him for any shortcomings.

He won't be 19 until December 10th and he is in his first pro season in a corrupt league on a team with a history of not being friendly to kids.

I will watch the clips that @montreal is kind enough to provide and as long as his skill work ethic and IQ are evident the rest will just be noise until he comes over next season. The micro dissecting of his game and situation will be gag-inducing and of little contextual/factual significance so I vow to do my best to ignore the heaps of nonsense that are burgeoning on the horizon lol.
you're literally in the thread of the game that everyone here watched, how do people not have context or arent able to give an opinion, seems like an ignorant take

Reactions: Miller Time

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
you're literally in the thread of the game that everyone here watched, how do people not have context or arent able to give an opinion, seems like an ignorant take

There is already rampant excuse making and just because the thread is a game thread does not mean that the takes are objective......that is delusional reasoning. Claiming that objectivity is intrinsic with observation is ludicrous as this is exactly where subjectivity is born.

I thought he looked fine and none of this really matters but there were already ice time and line mate blaming apologetics emerging and it will only get worse.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's only been a short sample size, but it must be obvious to any observer that the concerns and worries about Demidov not being able to complete against the better opposition that he would be facing in the KHL, were misplaced. While he still needs to get stronger and faster and may have games where he is less impactful, Demidov is showing positive signs that he is the real deal and that he may well have been a steal at 5 OA.
Thinking his skill, will be huge on our PP and the OT 3 on 3 play......with time and open ice this kid is going to be great to watch.
As his 5 on 5 play improves, the future for him is bright.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
There is already rampant excuse making and just because the thread is a game thread does not mean that the takes are objective......that is delusional reasoning. Claiming that objectivity is intrinsic with observation is ludicrous as this is exactly where subjectivity is born.

I thought he looked fine and none of this really matters but there were already ice time and line mate blaming apologetics emerging and it will only get worse.
He had sharp linemates and I’m entirely satisfied that I see him no more than 20 seconds/PP. All I can say is I hope they don’t change a thing.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He had sharp linemates and I’m entirely satisfied that I see him no more than 20 seconds/PP. All I can say is I hope they don’t change a thing.

He looks every bit like an elite prospect and almost entirely regardless of what happens this season I will be eagerly anticipating his arrival next season.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Thinking his skill, will be huge on our PP and the OT 3 on 3 play......with time and open ice this kid is going to be great to watch.
As his 5 on 5 play improves, the future for him is bright.

Absolutely, there will be growing pains as is typical of any player his age although many on here will not accept that and blame anyone but him. Ultimately he will immediately boost our overall skill level with a rare arsenal of weapons. Over time he will refine his game and become a headliner in the league.

I am here for that journey and know that it won't all be roses along the way and that is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad