Claimed off Waivers: [SJS] Sharks claim F Michael Eyssimont off waivers from the Jets

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Damn, liked him the Jets/Moose org. Wouldn't be surprised to see Winnipeg snag him back if he becomes available again.

Best of luck with SJS Mikey

Reactions: hn777

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Both things can be true
Excited and welcoming of your star coming back and sad you lost a hardworking depth player
HOW DARE YOU! This is HF boards! Nothing is gray everything is black and white! Obviously if someone is upset with a depth player being claimed, it means that they are upset that Ehlers is back!

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Enjoy his first 10 games….. when he does the little things that make you notice him throughout the game ( shiney new toy theory). Everyone believes you got a great waiver steal!

Then the next 10 games come ….. when U don’t notice him at all!

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Enjoy his first 10 games….. when he does the little things that make you notice him throughout the game ( shiney new toy theory). Everyone believes you got a great waiver steal!

Then the next 10 games come ….. when U don’t notice him at all!
This is the cycle for almost every waiver claim. "Holy cow, I think we got a player? Can't believe he was waived."

A month later... waived again.

Reactions: north49er

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Noooooooooooo

Eyssimont was a good bottom-6 sparkplug for the Jets. They should've kept him instead of Jonsson-Fjalby.
Eyssimont, tho I liked him, couldn’t stay on his feet, didn’t kill penalties and didn’t have AJF’s speed. Easy to see why he got waived. Tweeners are a dime a dozen.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Cost the Moose a good player, and cost our depth when Ehlers goes down again. Our "5th line" depth kept us at the top of the division when half of our scoring forwards were injured. We need all of those players that we can get.
So just pick the next 5th liner off waivers. This player isn't special in any way.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Both things can be true
Excited and welcoming of your star coming back and sad you lost a hardworking depth player
I was talking impact to the team. But yes....i dont know why it needs to be said but everyone is entitled to their feelings.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
So just pick the next 5th liner off waivers. This player isn't special in any way.
He fit into our system quite well (PPG pace on the Moose), worked really hard and was a reliable call-up who integrated near seamlessly. It takes time to drop a waiver wire pickup onto an AHL/NHL team, to learn the systems and develop chemistry. This isn’t NHL 2022..

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
He fit into our system quite well (PPG pace on the Moose), worked really hard and was a reliable call-up who integrated near seamlessly. It takes time to drop a waiver wire pickup onto an AHL/NHL team, to learn the systems and develop chemistry. This isn’t NHL 2022..
The Jets seem to think Kuhlman is a better fit. What video games are they playing?

Reactions: north49er

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I haven't watched him much this year but saw a lot of him in the AHL last year with the Moose. High motor player. Finishes his checks. Plays with edge. Wasn't sure if he could bring that and be effective at the NHL level (when I watched him last year) but from the posts in this thread it seems he had been.

Surprised there wasn't someone else the Jets could waive instead.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The Jets seem to think Kuhlman is a better fit. What video games are they playing?
Or they saw the odds of Seattle reclaiming Kuhlman as a bigger risk than waiving Eyssimont. It’s almost guaranteed Seattle would put in a claim, they would have been able to send Kuhlman down to the minors.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Or they saw the odds of Seattle reclaiming Kuhlman as a bigger risk than waiving Eyssimont. It’s almost guaranteed Seattle would put in a claim, they would have been able to send Kuhlman down to the minors.
So seriously think teams decided which players play and which players go by who they think will will get claimed? And not which player is going to contribute More? So the Jets were just cutting off their nose to spite their face? Or are you saying multiple teams would say Kuhlman is better?

Wow. You seem to miss the good ole days of Paaul Maurice just playing his favorites. No talent evaluation at all. Just roll with the guys you know. They know the system.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
So seriously think teams decided which players play and which players go by who they think will will get claimed? And not which player is going to contribute More? So the Jets were just cutting off their nose to spite their face? Or are you saying multiple teams would say Kuhlman is better?

Wow. You seem to miss the good ole days of Paaul Maurice just playing his favorites. No talent evaluation at all. Just roll with the guys you know. They know the system.
For an organization that is extremely secretive about how it operates and what it looks for in players, you seem very confident of your understanding of the decision-making process behind it. Your second paragraph is just way off the mark and borderline stupid, and it’s shocking to hear such hyperbole from a Jets fan. Two roughly equivalent players - one with a much higher risk of being claimed by waivers - and somehow you’ve figured it out that talent alone was the deciding factor, not overall roster management for the franchise. Boy I wish I had that the kind of confidence to be so vocal when most of the information isn’t something you have access to.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Eyssimont is a player in the mould of a Brandon Tanev - skates fast, good at checking and retrieving pucks, so-so hands, but tries hard every shift.

A good high-energy, high intensity depth piece. Good luck in San Jose Mikey!

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
For an organization that is extremely secretive about how it operates and what it looks for in players, you seem very confident of your understanding of the decision-making process behind it. Your second paragraph is just way off the mark and borderline stupid, and it’s shocking to hear such hyperbole from a Jets fan. Two roughly equivalent players - one with a much higher risk of being claimed by waivers - and somehow you’ve figured it out that talent alone was the deciding factor, not overall roster management for the franchise. Boy I wish I had that the kind of confidence to be so vocal when most of the information isn’t something you have access to.

I've never seen such a lack of selfawareness. Priceless.

The entire notion you think a team picks waiver wire player not based on who can help their own team but on if another team wants him is brain dead. Why would anyone do that? I really hope you reply to triple down on a team keeping a waiver wire player they think is the lesser player. This is gold! What a hill to die on. Yep you know better hahaha. Like some how the better player doesn't get picked up before the lesser player

For what reason would you even think Kuhlman was even in the discussion to be sent down? He is on the 3rd line and just got over 16 minutes today. Not bad for a guy who has no idea what he's doing. What video game do you think the Jets management is playing to make this decision?

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Happy for Eyssimont that he gets to stay in the NHL. Guys who work as hard as he does deserves it. He may be a 4th line player at best but he's very easy to like from a fan perspective, he's one of those players who gives everything he has every time he's on the ice.

Yeah, was hopeful he'd stay in the LA org, but needed an NHL opportunity, and he was redundant with Lizotte and Jaret Anderson-Dolan taking similar reps and roles. Plus you can only have one "Mikey" on the roster before they have to fight to the death.

I'm assuming he'll get even more of an opportunity to stick with SJ, def. rooting for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad