Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NSH] Yaroslavl Askarov, Nolan Burke, 2025 COL 3rd round pick for David Edstrom, Magnus Chrona, 2025 SJS/VGK 1st round pick (top 10 conditional)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What are the Conditions on the Vegas pick because I have not seen any?
It's basically nothing. If the Vegas pick is within the top-10 and better than the Sharks pick, then we keep the better pick. But there's no way the Sharks are going to finish higher than Vegas so it's basically just Vegas' pick straight up. :laugh:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
It's basically nothing. If the Vegas pick is within the top-10 and better than the Sharks pick, then we keep the better pick. But there's no way the Sharks are going to finish higher than Vegas so it's basically just Vegas' pick straight up. :laugh:
So if the Sharks finish 30th and Vegas 27th but Vegas wins the lottery Predators could get 1st overall?

• Wow
Reactions: QuizGuy66

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So if the Sharks finish 30th and Vegas 27th but Vegas wins the lottery Predators could get 1st overall?
Nope, the Sharks would then get the Vegas pick and you would get ours. The exact wording of the deal is, I believe, "if the Vegas pick is top-10, then the Sharks can choose to give Nashville the Sharks' own pick". Which we would obviously do if the Vegas pick was higher than our own.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Nope, the Sharks would then get the Vegas pick and you would get ours. The exact wording of the deal is, I believe, "if the Vegas pick is top-10, then the Sharks can choose to give Nashville the Sharks' own pick". Which we would obviously do if the Vegas pick was higher than our own.
That sucks good on San Jose to keep the lottery odds on their side.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That sucks good on San Jose to keep the lottery odds on their side.
Yeah, I think it's a smart condition. But realistically, if the Vegas pick wins the lottery then you're basically guaranteed the Sharks pick, which will be top-5 for sure. So you should still root for the Vegas pick to win the lottery! Win-win for both you and I, and it's funny for those who hate the Knights. :)

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
San Jose made out great in that trade. Gave up nothing of real value. A dime-a-dozen middle six center prospect, an okay goaltender prospect that maybe plays a few games (or might not even be that good), and a 1st.

A 1st round pick in last year's draft, a goalie prospect and a 1st is more than fair. Goalie prospects are too much unpredictable and Askarov, while very promising, had average numbers in the AHL (.910 pct). Still, I think Press could have done way better with sure shot prospect instead of a bunch of long shots.

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022
If this trade has taught me anything is you cannot trust Vegas. When you get drafted by them you're not gonna end up playing for them long. If Brisson is not on his way out it's because of his dad. But Trevor Connolly better watch out because he may end up getting traded to a team with a superstar that's rebuilding.

But all that being said, I think Askarov might just be the final piece to the Sharks puzzle. Nashville mishandled this bad.

But I think Nashville is going to flip that 1st at the deadline for some star help as I do believe they're playoff bound.
Wrong quote

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
So he left Nashville because he didn't want to start in the AHL but as of now he's probably still starting in the AHL.

He has a better shot at a NHL starting position in San Jose, even if he goes to San Jose’s AHL team, if he does he will be called up, with Nashville, he was likely stuck in the AHL.

Reactions: Bartcal

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
Really good one by the Sharks. I do like Edstrom but the 1st is likely to be a 20+ pick and Askarov could be a top 5 goalie in the league.

Good work. They will need a few more years of good picks but the Sharks are coming along again.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A 1st round pick in last year's draft, a goalie prospect and a 1st is more than fair. Goalie prospects are too much unpredictable and Askarov, while very promising, had average numbers in the AHL (.910 pct). Still, I think Press could have done way better with sure shot prospect instead of a bunch of long shots.
Those aren’t average AHL numbers for someone his age.

Reactions: ThorNton Apologist

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Kevin Woodley is not super high on Askarov. We’ll see. Lots of talent there but he’s never really been consistently solid.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Kevin Woodley is not super high on Askarov. We’ll see. Lots of talent there but he’s never really been consistently solid.
1724461568025.gif

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Edstrom and a 1st is a nice return for Askarov who hasn’t really wowed anyone yet.

He could look really bad in San Jose. Hopefully he works out for them

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Who is the we in this scenario

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Win for both sides, lots of risk for SJ though. Goalies are unpredictable and Askarov has no NHL experience, if he chokes this turns ugly for SJ really quick.
Limited NHL experience, .943 sv% in 2 games last year.

amikaro

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2015
SJ is stacked with that move. Look at their Center depth coming up with two elite prospects leading the way. Adding top prospects on the wing and some okay D pool. I still think Mukhamadullin gonna be big. With Askarov - wow!

Good times if you cheer for the Sharks. Will be interesting how long it takes to get competitive. But the peak will be pleasant and longlasting ...

Amazing job, how they finally re-tooled as quickly. Grier's the man ...

Happy for them!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad