Claimed off Waivers: [SJS] F Barclay Goodrow claimed by San Jose

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Wait but i was told by folks here, “san jose or chicago wont take goodrow LOL”. Welcome to reality. Also, if the rangers want they can trade trouba fyi

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I mean it’s easy to see, San Jose not quite ready to be good, need to reach cap floor but also guy a get who is a great veteran and can protect youngsters in lineup for nothing
This is what I've been saying. It's not like FAs will be flocking to come here. They never did when we were good. This was the most logical way to get NHL players without giving out ridiculous term.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Really odd that he's getting waived right now in the middle of the cup finals. No one is going to claim him obviously, so what's really the purpose?

Oh they're delusional and hoping someone claims him.

They were sooooo delusional! Do you have any more obvious takes?

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks SJ, we owe you one when you're competing and need cap help.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I know Goody is overpaid but I am not even slightly surprised he was claimed. Guy plays hard, hits, blocks shots can play any position and wins faceoffs. His cap hit just isn't good.

Play him on the 3rd line with some talent and he can get around 30ish points. In a year or two he will be traded at the deadline retained for a pick or two.

Not a fan of Grier at all but this isn't a terrible move for a rebuilding team..

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't really get the hate for Grier here. That young team needs vets and salary to reach the floor. Sure, maybe prefer to also get assets by taking on the garbage, but this doesn't hurt the Sharks in anyway. Quite the opposite.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad