Confirmed Trade: [SJS/EDM] D Cody Ceci, '25 3rd round pick for D Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Skinner yes, but both of him + Arvidsson seem a bit redundant. Would have been more optimal to have Skinner plus Broberg than Ardvisson imo.
If you look at it as of who is on the ice today, I agree, but we're looking to our playoff roster in hopes that it can be Skinner, Arvidsson and a better defenseman than Broberg, rather than Skinner and Broberg. We will have the space to add a defenseman later in the season, so we could, in theory, grab a guy like Dante Fabbro if Nashville decides to part with him later in the season, or someone similar from a non-playoff team, and that would make for a much more sound team heading into the playoffs. Bowman still has some work to do.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I would be surprised if the Oilers didn't invite a vet on a PTO they could use as a stopgap to start the season. Obviously the deadline will be the time to secure that right shot position going into the playoffs. Hopefully they will have the cap space and opportunity to do that this season.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I'm not an Oilers fan nor am I following closely, but the whole thing hinges on this, of course. The big question mark is who will actually be available for a rental or a trade with term at the TDL, as the UFA rental class for RD isn't looking particularly strong. If there's no improvement of the D corps and Emberson doesn't jump up into being a serviceable 4D, then Bowman made the cap situation better at the expense of D performance, no matter how disliked Ceci was.
I don't think the team dislikes Ceci at all. Just in cap hell and in need of a shakeup of Nurse's RD partner as that pairing has run it's course. And timely having the cap space to match the offer sheets helped squeeze the Blues out of a couple more assest. If the Sharks get the Oilers version of Ceci he'll be good for them. Hope he does well there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad