Confirmed Trade: [SJS/EDM] D Cody Ceci, '25 3rd round pick for D Ty Emberson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
The puzzle gets very tight for some teams cap-wise at the deadline. We saw it this past deadline. The fun part is you can see exactly what monetary price teams put on draft picks in a given round. Pretty fascinating.

It would be fun if Emberson plays less than 50 games and ends up a UFA just to see what kind of offers he would draw.
Considering our coach coached him the year he was named Eastern Conference Best Shutdown Defenseman in the AHL, I have a feeling he'll get the games and the opportunity. His defensive skill set may be actually just what we need to be paired with Nurse.

Reactions: MessierII

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Considering our coach coached him the year he was named Eastern Conference Best Shutdown Defenseman in the AHL, I have a feeling he'll get the games and the opportunity. His defensive skill set may be actually just what we need to be paired with Nurse.

uhhh yeah, that's not a thing lol
There's no such award for the "AHL Eastern Conference Best Shutdown Defenseman".

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
My mistake. Should have checked with the prestigious PHPA.
What a track record they have for picking winners.

if the Oilers got themselves someone as good as Keegan Kanzig or Vincent LoVerde lookout Western Conference
Could be over for you

There’s exactly what everyone was expecting… doubling down. But bonus points for ridiculing the achievements of others to get it done.

Such a great look.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
It was the exact opposite.

For some reason they put Ceci back with Nurse the first few Stanley Cup final games. Then he fell again to the third pairing.

Perhaps he and Kulak earned more minutes. Who knows.

I'm curious where you found the toi stat.
Natural hattrick.

Edmonton Oilers @ Florida Panthers, 2024-06-24 Game 7, Ceci 3rd, Broberg 6th.
Florida Panthers @ Edmonton Oilers, 2024-06-21 Game 6, Ceci 3rd, Broberg 5th

Then just change the game number by 1 to get the previous game. It shows Broberg played more the first 3 games, up to number 3 in minutes above Ceci, and the last 4 Ceci played more.

It was only game 1 Ceci played with Nurse, then it was Kulak.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
People are pissed the Oilers didn't get taken to the cleaners, that's what it's about really.

This right here.

You had people from other fanbase insisting the Oilers HAD to give up a 1st to move Ceci and were proven wrong of what the market actually was.

Now they have to lean on "Grier is bad GM" to validate their thoughts. It's nothing but cope.

Reactions: McBooya42

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
This right here.

You had people from other fanbase insisting the Oilers HAD to give up a 1st to move Ceci and were proven wrong of what the market actually was.

Now they have to lean on "Grier is bad GM" to validate their thoughts. It's nothing but cope.
Lots of copium...

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So oilers fans confident with Stetcher , Brown and Emberson on RD ?

They are good enough to deal with it but it’s not good

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
This right here.

When you have guys like Cole, and Edmundson signing for over $3 million, and a guy like Desharnais making $2 million a person could conclude that there is a shortage of actual NHL defencemen.

Ceci is an actual NHL defenceman. To believe that a $3 million contract was a poison contract, was a pretty absurd notion.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
didn't expect the Oilers to not match on both, I thought Broberg was for sure going to be matched. The Blues stole him IMO

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
didn't expect the Oilers to not match on both, I thought Broberg was for sure going to be matched. The Blues stole him IMO
hmmmm Blues didn't steal him... they more/less lured him to their team with an insanely gross amount of money for a player of his ability haha

Reactions: PuckG

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
hmmmm Blues didn't steal him... they more/less lured him to their team with an insanely gross amount of money for a player of his ability haha

Nothing is decided. Friedman just said what he expects, not that he has sources on this. That means he is speculating.

I agree with him, but it's all speculation so far
I don't watch the Oilers all that much but when I did, I liked what I saw from Broberg's game. Sure he has warts but to me it looked like he was figuring it out.
If the Leafs had that 4.5 in cap space I would be stoked to have him on my team.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
uhhh yeah, that's not a thing lol
There's no such award for the "AHL Eastern Conference Best Shutdown Defenseman".

419102.jpg

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
So without a match, the premise that the Oilers were forced to trade Ceci to free up space is false. This was a hockey trade, I guess it came about from exploring all options given the offer sheets and Edmonton wanted Emberson and the cap space.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
So without a match, the premise that the Oilers were forced to trade Ceci to free up space is false. This was a hockey trade, I guess it came about from exploring all options given the offer sheets and Edmonton wanted Emberson and the cap space.
If Kane is available for the start of the season, it’s still likely that this was a cap saving move.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Probably for this season not matching is the right thing to do. Neither is an impact player and will make way too much. This season getting the picks and more flexibility for later in the season is the smart move. Down the road who knows. Depends how those guys develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad