Proposal: SJ/SEA/EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
So SJ gives up a 2nd round pick to gain 3.2 in cap space for one year?

What incentive would there be to do that instead of a buyout?

Actually SJ pays a 2nd to lose .825 mil in cap space each of the next 2 years then gain 2.375 in the final year rather than just leaving Kane in the AHL. They are getting 1.125 mil in cap space from him being in the minors. Can't see why people really believe the Sharks are going to pay serious pieces to free up 2.375 in cap without a player coming back. Might as well just leave him there or buy him out in the off-season if he can't be moved with a 7th for a 7th.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
To SJ
Kassian
Retain 50% on Kane

To SEA
Foegle
Lavoie
Edm 1st
SJ 2nd
Retain additional 50% on Kane (25% of current contract)
Retain 50% on Donskoi

To Edm
Kane @75% retention
Donskoi @50% retention
Appleton
Jarnkrok

add Lavoie to the deal for Kane. The cost to retain is Lavoie. The other deal is a mess so just kill it.

Kane at 50% for Kassian and Lavoie

Reactions: IIxGURUxII

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
San Jose would have to
a) eat 3.5M of Kane's salary for 3 more years
b) add 3.2M of Kassian's salary for 3 more years
c) Give up a 2nd

Essentially meaning we gain 0.3M of cap space, while losing a 2nd round pick, to ice Kassian instead of Kane. That's terrible.

We can buy out Kane, keep our 2nd round pick, and open up a few million in cap space instead.

And have an extra 3 years on to Kane's 3 years . Fans always want to leave out parts . Don't get me wrong I am not saying it is a good deal but leaving out some important information doesn't do your argument justice .

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
And have an extra 3 years on to Kane's 3 years . Fans always want to leave out parts . Don't get me wrong I am not saying it is a good deal but leaving out some important information doesn't do your argument justice .
3 years at 1.6M. 1.6M isn't that hard to work with, and we get a little more wiggle room now (in which we have a decent amount of people to sign this year) I'd rather keep a 2nd round pick since we're not a for sure playoff team.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad