Confirmed with Link: [SJ/Buf] Evander Kane to Sharks for Dan O'Regan, Cndt'l 2019 1st, Cndt'l 2020 4th

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Randomly youtubing kane highlights -- found this from 3 years ago. Aparently Thornton is the first guy who comes into Kane's head when thinking of "players who are fun to go out with in vegas"

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
I suspect Kane will be a rental but I’d like to resign him if he fits well. SJ has needed a goal scorer like him for quite some time.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I suspect Kane will be a rental but I’d like to resign him if he fits well. SJ has needed a goal scorer like him for quite some time.

I could see his returning being dependent on what the Sharks figure they can do in the FA pool. If they think they could land a splashy name (maybe not Tavares, but just for example) they can look at finiding a way to keep him.

But if they don't find themselves on the short list for the prominent names, they can let Kane walk and begin the tear-down/retool.

It's a good setup for some roster flexibility.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Listening via radio all morning.

Consensus was DW done good. Sharks have a good "veteran" leadership group that probably can actually "keep him in line."

Buffalo had never started contract talks with Kane on new deal. Buffalo GM indicated that this was the best offer he received.

Kane had been "playing to be traded." Now he has to impress the scouts and front offices if he hopes to get a decent contract offer (or any offer).

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I had been thinking about the leadership issue and Kane's behavior in the past. As far as I can recall neither Buffalo nor Winnipeg (when he was there) had an strong older leadership core.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
If he doesn't resign it's a 2nd rounder and throw ins, how is that a bad move? I love the deal, and everything im hearing people think it's a steal for the Sharks.

Edit: was supposed to quote the post saying this is only a good move if we resign him and the pick is top 10 protected. Server struggling

Jul 10, 2010
Finally able to log in.

Was ready to excoriate DW over this trade, but the conditions make it a good one. At best, the Sharks lose two first-round picks but have a Cup and Kane signed-long term. At worst, the Sharks lose a 2nd and a 4th.
huh? how would be lose 2 first round picks?

IMO great move. Either we give up a 2nd and a 4th for one run with Kane, or we give up a 1st and a 4th for Kanes prime years. And good luck drafting a guy anywhere near Kanes talent level in the 20-25 range,

Ive wanted Kane since he KO'd that POS Matt Cooke.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I wonder if this stupid site will finally let me comment...

Not thrilled as I'm not a huge Kane fan, but the value was good, and the skill set is pretty close to what we need. We just don't need the lazy "I'm more important than the team" attitude.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Pre-Jumbo what are our lines?

Kane-Pavelski-Meier
Hertl-Couture-Labanc
Donskoi-Tierney-Boedker
Goodrow-Fehr-Hansen/Karlsson?

Also when Jumbo comes back what are our lines?

Kane-Thornton-Pavelski
Hertl-Couture-Labanc
Meier-Tierney-Donskoi
Goodrow-Fehr-Karlsson/Hansen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad