Confirmed with Link: Simon Holmstrom Re-Signed 1 year

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Are they cap compliant? Yes.

But going into the season with 50K in cap space seems like shooting yourself in the foot. I know cap space accrues as the season moves on, however having the most possible space on game 1 gives you the best flexibility to make a meaningful move (which this team still needs).

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Its still early in the offseason so I'd chill out instead of worrying about this too much especially considering 22 of 23 spots are filled .
Exactly. And injuries occur early, and often.

I feel a bit better about our cap structure than I have in the past - the only really bad contracts are Lee's and JGP's. And those aren't awful. NYI aren't going to be spending much on bottom 6 wingers.

The only NHL roster moves I expect will involve Wahlstrom.

And if it's not great to go into the season right at the cap, it's certainly much worse to go in with no center depth to speak of. And I think NYI are in a better position this year, as there are 6 forwards on the roster who can play center every game (Horvat, Barzal, Nelson, Pageau, Cizikas, and MacLean), with depth on the wing to fill in. MacLean was a nice surprise. And his play when Barzal filled in at C was also encouraging. I know it's only 1 more reliable center option than before, but it's still a significant difference.

This season, until the deadline, is going to be all about allowing fewer goals, holding leads, and improving the PK. I think that's obvious, and I think the team's veteran corps are in a position to know that, know their roles, and prepare appropriately. While this early roster completion and stability is boring for us, it's a good thing for the players and coaches.

Reactions: Potvottier and Lek

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Id really like to see him get 45 points next year. I think he could do it. No problem at all with only a 1 year deal.
I think he’s realistically taking Clutterbuck’s spot as the fourth line RW. Which makes sense, he’s big and defensively sound… will probably get PK time and no PP time. I think he’ll be lucky to get 30. As things stand we’re looking at:

Barzal - Horvat - Duclair
Tsyplakov - Nelson - Palmieri
Lee - Pageau - Engvall
Maclean - Cizikas - Holmstrom

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I think he’s realistically taking Clutterbuck’s spot as the fourth line RW. Which makes sense, he’s big and defensively sound… will probably get PK time and no PP time. I think he’ll be lucky to get 30. As things stand we’re looking at:

Barzal - Horvat - Duclair
Tsyplakov - Nelson - Palmieri
Lee - Pageau - Engvall
Maclean - Cizikas - Holmstrom
a fringe team at best....god we need to just overhaul this roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad