Simon Gagne- Update 10/15/14: Signs 1 year deal with the Bruins.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He should have had a few goals last night but his scoring touch has decreased dramatically over the years, that was the most frustrating thing about him when he was last here.

He played well last night but as mentioned above I would on calling it a comeback, come back when when he's at the 15-20 game mark when he's not as fresh anymore.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
He is a fast skater that is always in the right position and is a good defensive player. I think the Flyers were just too worried with injuring him even more because he would have been the perfect line mate for Read/Couts.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He is a fast skater that is always in the right position and is a good defensive player. I think the Flyers were just too worried with injuring him even more because he would have been the perfect line mate for Read/Couts.

Maybe the Gagne of five years ago could have but not the current one or the one that last played for us. He couldn't handle the minutes or quality of competition those two play.

Boston played Detroit last night, one of the softest teams in the league just wait until they start playing more tight checking teams you'll start to see Gagne turn into the soft perimeter player he's become. In large part that & the durability concerns are why the Flyers didn't want him back two years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad